Windows 10: Tom's Hardware App unable to connect to internet.

Discus and support Tom's Hardware App unable to connect to internet. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Tom's Hardware App shows a message at launch. It reads " Sorry, you must be connected to the internet to use this application". I am using this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anirban Kar, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Tom's Hardware App unable to connect to internet.

Hi,

Tom's Hardware App shows a message at launch. It reads " Sorry, you must be connected to the internet to use this application". I am using this app from the days of Windows 8 and 8.1 and never faced any issue except slight display issues. It worked perfectly even on early versions of Windows 10. However it began showing this message from October 2018 update (1809). I have explored every possible option from uninstalling/reinstalling , resetting Windows Store and checking if my Windows Firewall is blocking the App. All is OK. Other Apps are working fine.

:)

Anirban Kar, Oct 10, 2019

2. Connectivity to Tom Tom

Hi I'm a newbie too.

I had trouble getting my 6300 to connect to my Tom Tom One for the Traffic service.

I phoned T Mobile who said they didn't support the Tom Tom service. When I told them it was just the standard GPRS service they clammed up.

When I phoned Tom Tom they said the 6300 was not on their approved list and therefore it wouldn't work. I pointed out that their list hadn't been updated for a year or so and most listed phones are no longer available. They clammed up too.

I was trying to use the auto set up system on the Tom Tom at home and noticed that the signal wasn't too good. So I moved to a better location and lo and behold it all worked beautifully.

That was OK for two or three weeks but on Easter Monday it all went wrong. Driving down the A1 to Newark that morning Traffic worked fine. On the return journey in the afternoon Tom Tom kept trying to update but got no info. and eventually gave up and 'parked'
    the Traffic service with a red cross through it.

The Traffic service hasn't worked since then. It keeps trying to connect but after a while it gives up.

I can't work out why it worked well for a while and then stopped.

I daren't try Tom Tom or T Mobile help desk as they're absolutely useless and just send you round in circles.

Can anyone here suggest a solution?

Andy

allhale---01, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Connectivity to Tom Tom

Hi list my name is Alan and I'm new to the list. I'm trying to buy a Nokia phone, (not too expensive), that I can connect to Tom Tom One XL in order to obtain Tom Tom Traffic. I know very little about mobile phones; at my age technology leaves me bewildered.
    Does anyone know if the Nokia 6300 would do the job please?

catrescuer, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Tom's Hardware App unable to connect to internet.

After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Tom's Hardware App unable to connect to internet.

1. Tom's Hardware App unable to connect to internet. - Similar Threads - Tom's Hardware App

2. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to internet: Got hacked and now can't connect to the internet. Removed all downloads related to day and have numerous troubleshooting instructions with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-internet/8b0b75cc-583f-4b78-b8ca-7b925d407012
  3. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to internet: Got hacked and now can't connect to the internet. Removed all downloads related to day and have numerous troubleshooting instructions with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-internet/8b0b75cc-583f-4b78-b8ca-7b925d407012
  4. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to internet: On my laptop, I'm unable to connect to the internet, and my wifi option disappears when I troubleshoot it reset my network adapter, and restart the laptop, but still not able to see an icon on the network tab.What can i do to fix this ?my laptop: ASUS TUF GAMING A15 OS:...
  5. Unable to connect Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Internet: My machine not able to access Internet, I tried with Wi-Fi and Ethernet but not showing Internet connectivity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-internet/dd580e71-98fb-475e-8559-3b624dd24c80
  6. unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect to internet: Recently, my laptop Lenovo has been unable to connect to the Internet. I didn't install a new update or anything which is what most people suggest triggers the problem but I did perform a clean boot to solve touch pad problems so perhaps that caused it. I have run a...
  7. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to internet: I have a HP Pavilion - 15-cs0053cl that is roughly 2 years old, running windows 10. I was using it one day and put in sleep mode for an hour. I turn it back on and all of a sudden it cannot connect to the internet. I normally use wifi but when I try to connect it says 'can't...
  8. Unable to Connect to Internet

Unable to Connect to Internet: Hello,My dad had an internet problem so i tried uninstalling the network adapter driver knowing Windows will re-install it after the restart but I was nit able to connect/view avaible networks ,nor was my network adapter in the device manager ,I tried to undo it with the...
  9. Unable to connect to the Internet

Unable to connect to the Internet: I am totally mystified. The icon in the notification area shows me connected to the Internet, but when I try to access a website I'm told that I am not connected to any network. The notification icon shows full connection, then no connection, then full again. I can connect...
  10. TOM TOM usb connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TOM TOM usb connection: Hi, My Tom Tom GPS will not connect to windows 10 via USB, I have tried every port but nothing happens. What do I do next please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tom-tom-usb-connection/69ba76fa-44ce-4e73-a167-53ec6ea1bf64