Windows 10: TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC

Discus and support TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a new TomTom Go Essential 5" satnav with European maps. I have an Acer Aspire desktop pc. When I intially did the setup on the satnav it asked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by woodbine, Dec 10, 2020.

1. woodbine Win User

TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC

I bought a new TomTom Go Essential 5" satnav with European maps. I have an Acer Aspire desktop pc. When I intially did the setup on the satnav it asked if I wanted to update maps, speed cameras, etc. I connected the satnav via USB to my pc to update through the TomTom Mydrive program I had already installed on my pc. The USBs on my pc are USB2.

The updating got to 20% then dropped back to 13 % before getting to 20% then dropped back to 13% again. It kept going like this. I had heard these can be slow to update, but it seemed to be getting nowhere. I left it plugged into my pc all night, but at some time the pc turned itself off and when I checked the sat nav in the morning not only was it not updated, but all the maps, etc that were factory installed had been lost.

Where did i go wrong? Why did it take so long not to update the satnav? Is it a fault with my equipment, or the satnav? Would appreciate any advice as the satnav would be handy for work right now.

:)

woodbine, Dec 10, 2020

2. cant connect my windows phone to tomtom satnav

cant connect my windows 10 phone to my tomtom satnav

patrickduffin, Dec 10, 2020
  3. pewe Win User
    How to stop an update download

The other day I connected a TomTom satnav to a usb port to check it for problems for a friend.

The next day Win10 reported an update for TomTom was ready to download and install.

There does not appear to be any way to stop this happening.

Can anyone suggest how I can stop the download and install of this.

Thanks

4. TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC

MyDrive Connect for satnav.

since I updated to Windows 10 I cannot connect to MyDrive Connect for my TomTom Start 20 satnav. How can I make it "available" again?

UltanMcCaffrey, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC

1. TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC - Similar Threads - TomTom Satnav Wouldn't

2. Windows updates wouldn't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates wouldn't install: Updates will not install on my Surface using windows update service and Surface Diagnostic toolkit.Surface Laptop 3Surface Diagnostic toolkit MESSAGE: "There was a problem so the Windows updates for your Surface weren't installed. We couldn't install Windows updates....
  3. TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TomTom Satnav Wouldn't Update When Connected To My PC: I bought a new TomTom Go Essential 5" satnav with European maps. I have an Acer Aspire desktop pc. When I intially did the setup on the satnav it asked if I wanted to update maps, speed cameras, etc. I connected the satnav via USB to my pc to update through the TomTom Mydrive...
  4. Windows 10 wouldn't update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wouldn't update: Windows 10 would not update. Now I'm stuck on attempting to recover installation and doing changes to your computer for five hours. I cannot get to safe mode. I tried windows are it won't do anything help!...
  5. Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Connecting TOMTOM GPS DEVICE: I own a Surface Pro 4. Since the day I purchased it I have been unable to update my TOMTOM GPS DEVICE plugged in to the USB port using wifi. The device will initially "connect" but within seconds "disconnect". The situation is long standing but as far as I can tell, no...
  6. TomTom is no longer recognised

TomTom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized. * Original title: my tomtom is no longer recognised...
  7. my tomtom is no longer recognised

my tomtom is no longer recognised: Hi, My TomTom is no longer recognized to enable me to update the maps - it is charging via the laptop though. Tried a reset and it is still not recognized....
  8. is there a app for tomtom my drive GPS

is there a app for tomtom my drive GPS: looking for a app for my computer for Tomtom gps mydrive,does anyone know where to get it at.Thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-app-for-tomtom-my-drive-gps/378a03c3-120a-418b-9b48-096c7010b879
  9. TomTom MyDrive Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TomTom MyDrive Connect: When opening TomTom MyDrive Connect I get an error message 'No Internet connection'. Selecting a different Web address, it opens normally. I uninstalled TomTom MyDrive Connect and downloaded it again with the same results as mentioned. Any assistance to solve this...
  10. Skype Wouldn't Update

Skype Wouldn't Update: I use Skype you can get from Skype.com; it's not Skype Preview that comes with Windows 10. That's junk, in my not so humble opinion. I attempted to upgrade Skype from version 7.25.0.103, but got so far and was told "The specified account already exists." Next, I was told...