Windows 10: Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10.

Discus and support Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just finished upgrading to Windows 10. In the hopes of a clean install, I had selected the remove everything option. Once I had the desktop screen, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrijeshSinghal, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10.

I just finished upgrading to Windows 10. In the hopes of a clean install, I had selected the remove everything option. Once I had the desktop screen, I went and installed the HP Support Assistant. I realized my Audio wasn't working properly, so I checked my Control Panel and saw the IDT Audio Codec wasn't installed. I went to the HP website and from the list of drivers for my laptop, downloaded the codec and it worked fine. What I noticed was, my control panel didn't list a lot of stuff that was supposed to be there, like the Mediatek drivers for my WiFi card and stuff. My laptop was however functioning perfectly. I checked the Support Assistant's tab of the installed drivers and it showed a list of drivers already installed (none of them were listed in the control panel). Moreover, it showed this High Definition Audio Function Driver installed, I had never seen that before. I checked my devices and this was there :

Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10. [​IMG]

Next, I opened up the Explored and there was this new disk partition there which was inaccessible. It also didn't show up in the disk management.

My questions.

Why are there drivers listed in the support assistant but not in the control panel?

Why is the High Functioning Audio Device there and it's driver installed but not working?

Why does that random partition show up in my computer and is inaccessible?

I would really like everything to be clean and simple, please help me. Thanks.

:)

BrijeshSinghal, Mar 31, 2016

2. System process consume much more memory.

Original Title: System Eating Tons of Memory

After about 10 minutes while on PC. System eats a ton of memory this only happened since I upgraded to Windows 10 and didn't have this problem on Windows 8.1

Nastynate123, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Homegroup cannot be set up on this computer

This works. Trick is to have one machine on when set up, can even be the machine that was host in W7 or 8. Found it after spending tons of time--simple solution and really works! Thanks Tom LaForce

Windows 10 Home Group Problem After Upgrade from Windows 7

Money Plus version, Mar 31, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10.

It does not appear to be a clean install, unless you chose to retain previous items. A real true clean install wipes everything out. In order to gain permissions to those other drivers, you are going to have to change the Advanced Security Permissions.

bro67, Mar 31, 2016
Thema:

Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10.

1. Ton of problems after upgrading to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Ton problems upgrading

2. Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade: Hi, Acer travel mate lap top upgraded to window 10 a few years ago. Windows 10 is a real pain. constantly losing wifi at the drop of a hat when ever I ask it to do a task. Have installed blue tooth usb device which worked well for a couple opf months then it start to...
  3. Ton of problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ton of problems: Right shift + c not working. Left shift + c is. C itself also works. Right shift+ any other key also works. Cursor freezes randomly. Doesn't unfreeze until I press a key. Any key pressed on the keyboard unfreezes it. Pdf, doc, PowerPoint file act weird. They flick up and down...
  4. Problems after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after upgrade to windows 10: My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but unable to do this due to lack of ram can you please help?...
  5. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is that a connect solution? Will private setting stop SPAM?...
  6. Battery Problems After Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Problems After Upgrading to Windows 10: [img] As you can see here, the battery is stuck at %10, Windows tells me that it needs 5 minutes for a full charge, and this is how it is for the past hour. All this began after the Windows 10 update. the first days it was much better, showing up to 4 hours of battery...
  7. Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Video problems after Windows 10 upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 and after installation I noticed that not all of my videos would play. I mainly use the Chrome browser and some videos would play with no problem but others would buffer the video but never start playing. I tried playing the video using Edge and that...
  8. Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Desktop after upgradeing to Windows 10: I upgraded my Dell Insprion 11 laptop to Windows 10 today. Shortly after the upgrade, I rebooted. Now, my desktop will not display; only the tiles. I can see my background picture, but I cannot make the tiles move. Also, the screen on my laptop is supposed to reposition but...
  9. Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the usual context menu but left clicking doesn't activate the new start menu. Secondly although I have the search bar I'm not able to...
  10. problems after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    problems after windows 10 upgrade: Hallo, I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately. I keep getting this message "the external tool disk defragmentation GUI could not be found for os windows unknown major release service pack 0...