Windows 10: Tones When Pressing Keys

Discus and support Tones When Pressing Keys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satchmo, Aug 31, 2015.

1. satchmo Win User

Tones When Pressing Keys

Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same signal that Windows makes when one unplugs an USB device and plugs it back in.

I cannot figure out which keys trigger this reaction. I know for a fact that arrow keys do it, but I think the enter key does it also, or even the space bar.

This only happens on my son's computer (desktop, home-built). There's no adverse effect on the performance of the computer, but it's a mystery why it happens and what the computer is actually doing.

Can anyone help me solve this mystery?

:)

satchmo, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Blu2t Win User

Key press tone

Hi there, mayurpanchal. You may turn on the "Key press" tone by going under Settings> ringtones+sounds> Key press. We will wait for your response about the outcome of the steps we have provided.

Blu2t, Aug 31, 2015
  3. farby Win User
    Key press tone

You must provide which phone do you use to get a much better / appropriate response ..

farby, Aug 31, 2015
  4. satchmo Win User

Tones When Pressing Keys

Perhaps the keypress is just coincidental? But I have never heard this when no one is touching the keyboard.

satchmo, Aug 31, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Aug 31, 2015
  6. satchmo Win User
    Thanks. I'll give that a try.

satchmo, Aug 31, 2015
  7. satchmo Win User
    Nope, the toggle key tone is already set to off.

Still a mystery.

satchmo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tones When Pressing Keys

1. Tones When Pressing Keys - Similar Threads - Tones Pressing Keys

2. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  3. f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f4 key is getting pressed when im pressing other keys.: When I am pressing keys like G, H, backspace, escape, F7, F11, *, ', numpad 8.... F4 key is getting pressed. Which is causing lot of issues while typing and using file explorer. Whenever i press the mentioned keys address bar of file explorer or any browser is opening itself...
  4. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  5. When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it...: When I press “windows” key it makes the function of “fn” key and when I press “fn” key it makes the function of “windows” key. What can I do?...
  6. Touchpad unusable when key pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad unusable when key pressed: Can't move cursor when a key is pressed. I use Elan touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-unusable-when-key-pressed/59c34dcd-0633-4ee6-b30a-5e64e2c1f356
  7. Keboard not registering keys when pressing multiple keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keboard not registering keys when pressing multiple keys: Hey. I bought a new DELL keyboard and i use it to play fortnite. But when i hold down "w" and "a" and press spacebar while pressing the two keys, the spacebar pressing, but not jumping in the game, litterally, when holding the "W" and "A" key, the spacebar doesnt register the...
  8. cursor not moving when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89
  9. mouse not moving when key pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse not moving when key pressed: my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad trackpad. I unchecked "hide pointer while typing" but the problem continues. Is there any fix? If so, what's the fix?...
  10. Certain keys not registering when pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys not registering when pressed: Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-not-registering-when-pressed/cb3b3ba9-261c-405a-a03e-4991414e6a49