Windows 10: Tons of BSOD. What can I do? Replaced every part but CPU and I'm able to stress test the CPU.

Discus and support Tons of BSOD. What can I do? Replaced every part but CPU and I'm able to stress test the CPU. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've made numerous thread across different forums and this problem is still ongoing (over 2 weeks now) and I'm lost, I dont know what to do. Heres... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A_Hot_Pocket, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Tons of BSOD. What can I do? Replaced every part but CPU and I'm able to stress test the CPU.

I've made numerous thread across different forums and this problem is still ongoing (over 2 weeks now) and I'm lost, I dont know what to do.

Heres the Tom's forum thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3801562/month-unstable-bsod-cpu-bad.html

Reddit Thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/9n7oss/whats_wrong_what_do_i_do_ive_replaced_every_part/e7mjs3o/

Latest BSOD crashes:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1Kl9qTuaTxHXNzyRu_Zr_1ROKkjrWGVzV?usp=drive_open

Current build:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rQcfkd

:)

A_Hot_Pocket, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Oct 12, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Application to test CPU

You can stress test your CPU with AIDA64 http://www.aida64.com/

P4-630, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Cliff S Win User

Tons of BSOD. What can I do? Replaced every part but CPU and I'm able to stress test the CPU.

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU

I'm trying Prime95(V. 28.10 build 19) for the first time today, to check my 4.9GHz OC.
    But it only stays between 4.0 and 4.4GHz*Confused

I tried it with my OC testing settings( Vcore set to override, and CPU Ratio set to fixed), and my Daily settings(Vcore set to Adaptive, and CPU Ratio set to Dynamic) and it seems to make no difference.

I haven't seen this in any other stress test or benchmark software.

Any clues as to why?

I'm able to use my system still, with no freezing while it's running in the background, and my temps(even though my Vcore is set to 1.45) stay around a stable 68°C while stress testing, and that's while doing the small FFT, while doing Blend, it's a stable 62°C.(I just use fans to cool)

I thought, after reading some tutorial, different forums posts, and such, from the net, that I could fry bacon on my PC running this test.

Tons of BSOD. What can I do? Replaced every part but CPU and I'm able to stress test the CPU. [​IMG]

running small FFT

Cliff S, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Tons of BSOD. What can I do? Replaced every part but CPU and I'm able to stress test the CPU.

1. Tons of BSOD. What can I do? Replaced every part but CPU and I'm able to stress test the CPU. - Similar Threads - Tons BSOD Replaced

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when stress testing my CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when stress testing my CPU: So, about a year ago or so my computer started crashing with BSOD errors. I believe it wasn't until after windows 11 update that these errors started to happen more regularly. It used to only happen when I would play certain video games, but now it happens during downloads,...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when stress testing my CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 when stress testing my CPU: So, about a year ago or so my computer started crashing with BSOD errors. I believe it wasn't until after windows 11 update that these errors started to happen more regularly. It used to only happen when I would play certain video games, but now it happens during downloads,...
  4. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  5. Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeze then BSOD when stress testing CPU: My computer crashes and I get the BSOD stating clock watchdog timeout after freezing when doing a stress test on my CPU - ram tests ok. I have checked the PSU - bought a new one and cooling and used different ram as well. All to no avail....
  6. Stressing the CPU repeatedly causes BSOD HYPERVISOR_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stressing the CPU repeatedly causes BSOD HYPERVISOR_ERROR: I recently openend a thread with similar title, but my previous issue was not yet solved and now I've started experiencing BSODs on different circumstances before it was rendering videos; now it is running simulations on Metatrader 5.I often run simulations on Metatrader 5...
  7. Cpu replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cpu replacement: I have a Dell e5520 i3 laptop.8 gig ram(max) Q can i just upgrade the i3 to an i5 or i7 cpu without any other components i.e just swap the CPU?. regards topper. Win 10 insider latest update as of 21/2/2020 150987
  8. Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu not turbo boosting while stress testing: hi,so i have discovered this problem while i was playing game and what it does is when my cpu utilization reaches 100% the speed of the processor gets limited to its base speed which in my case is 2.4GHz And when the cpu utilization is low(idle or doing some normal stuff...
  9. Stress Testing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stress Testing: How can this happen to such an important and highly visible update? Was the update not thoroughly tested prior to release? I have a banking IT Audit background and am surprised this was not caught, because I would think this would be obvious during testing. Thanks....
  10. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU: How to: Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Prime95 is a freeware program originally designed to find new Mersenne prime numbers. Given the nature of Prime95 it is now widely used as a CPU stress testing utility to gauge the stability of a...