Windows 10: Tons of entries involving "edgecastcdn.net" in Event Viewer, what is it?

Discus and support Tons of entries involving "edgecastcdn.net" in Event Viewer, what is it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my Event Viewer, there is a huge number of entries that say "Name resolution for the name x.y.edgecastcdn.net timed out after none of the configured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Esoppant, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Esoppant Win User

Tons of entries involving "edgecastcdn.net" in Event Viewer, what is it?

In my Event Viewer, there is a huge number of entries that say "Name resolution for the name x.y.edgecastcdn.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." (where x is usually a cs followed by a number, and y is either "wac" or "wpc"). There is an entry about every 10 minutes. And the logs go back until April, it seems.

Googling edgecastcdn.net gives very little info about what edgecastcdn.net is other than some pages implying it's a virus/malware. Does anyone know what this is about? Is it a browser redirection malware that's not very good at choosing a URL not blocked by DNS servers?

:)

Esoppant, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Snakeyes Win User

Clearing event viewer entries

How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks

Snakeyes, Aug 17, 2018
  3. altae Win User
    Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

In that case make sure that you know the exact date and time when the freezes occur. As soon as you know the exact time and date you can check the event viewer for entries that more or less match that time. Generally only errors are interesting. The event viewer comes with several possiblities to filter and or sort the entries so it is easier to read. For example you can generate a custom view which is filtered so it only shows todays events and only critical and other errors. Just play around with it a bit.

altae, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Tons of entries involving "edgecastcdn.net" in Event Viewer, what is it?

error entries on Event Viewer

Can individual error messages on the win10 event viewer-windows logs-system?

I have over 10k entries and over 200 relate to a bad disk I was trying to add files to.

I also have a lg quantity of other warnings and critical messages with various event ID's

how do I fix whatever caused these issues.

also, all of this started when an HP tech told me I had a lot of drivers disabled which then led to my discovering all of the error messages

Tweets

tweetybirdRT, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Tons of entries involving "edgecastcdn.net" in Event Viewer, what is it?

1. Tons of entries involving "edgecastcdn.net" in Event Viewer, what is it? - Similar Threads - Tons entries involving

2. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event viewer entries: Am receiving entries in event viewer, which leave me confused.USBIEUpdate not working. Microsoft update says all ok.Dell Support Assist shows now problems.USB ports are working, as I am able to do back up to external hard drive.Device manager says USB drives are up to...
  3. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer entries: Am receiving entries in event viewer, which leave me confused.USBIEUpdate not working. Microsoft update says all ok.Dell Support Assist shows now problems.USB ports are working, as I am able to do back up to external hard drive.Device manager says USB drives are up to...
  4. Event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer entry: Can someone please tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-entry/db9ad763-b58d-4c2c-914a-1111a4f7ad96
  6. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer entry: Can someone please tell me what this means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-entry/db9ad763-b58d-4c2c-914a-1111a4f7ad96
  7. Event Viewer entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. TONS of errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    TONS of errors in event viewer: I just clean installed my windows, and have not made any changes as to what would cause these errors.... but in event viewer, since install on the 29th, i have 800 errors and warnings. ive noticed on my other PC that i just installed 10 on yesterday, it too has 300 errors and...
  9. Tons of comruntime error 10031 in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Tons of comruntime error 10031 in event viewer: Ever since I did the latest updates on Tuesday...I've been getting tons of comruntime error 10031. It happens when the computer is idle and I noticed the hard drive light is steady on..I did some googling, but didn't find much...mostly on a server computer which I don't have....
  10. Clearing event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing event viewer entries: How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks 12367