Windows 10: Too Bland ! ! !

Discus and support Too Bland ! ! ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I realize that running Aero in Win 7 took more resources, and Ms wanting the same vs. of Win 10 to be able run on multiple devices, has turned the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HC1Gunner, Aug 19, 2015.

1. HC1Gunner Win User

Too Bland ! ! !

I realize that running Aero in Win 7 took more resources, and Ms wanting the same vs. of Win 10 to be able run on multiple devices, has turned the OS way down graphically. But 10 is just too bland, I run multiple applications, and a lot of them do not allow the EU to change the size of the applet. And because every darn thing in 10 is displayed as white sheet of paper, you can't tell where one window begins and another stop. Even Windows Explorer is pain, I’m constantly fishing that he top of apps and Explorer with my cursor, trying to locate that thinner than ever area, so I drag an app or window to another location. They could have at least put an off-white or light gray boarder at the top and edges where you could actually see the entire frame of an open app or Explorer. I mean really, I can't believe it would have taken much coding, and or much for resources. Why does Ms seem to make it habit of moving forward in some areas, while going backwards in others. I don't need Aero, or expect that much graphically, but something needs to be done, it just NOT efficient to work with multiple apps and windows on your desktop area when everything looks like a generic blank sheet of white paper.

By now, tons of people have complained about how Windows 10 does updates, and its rumored from all the complaints that Ms might be making some changes in that area. I would hope that the same thing might come from 10 being so bland, and no option of colored boarder (at least at the top) that Ms will make some changes!

:)

HC1Gunner, Aug 19, 2015

2. Windows 10 UI Ugliness and duality

Agree that the OS itself has some nice features. There are some improvements, but for me (and this is a personal opinion) the UI is too bland. I like variety in color and this is too flat for my tastes. Will end up back on Windows 7 (even if
    10 is free) until something changes.

historation, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Cannot create recovy disk in Windows 10

I, too, have exactly the same problem. I've tried using both a USB stick and a new external USB drive. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in this new software?

I also feel that a bland "cannot create recovery drive" with no further explanation or suggestion of where to go next is a bit "User Unfriendly"!

Kevin

KevinEdmunds, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Too Bland ! ! !

I wouldn't hold your breath on this ... MS has become obsessed with Metro -- look at Edge, the Metro version of IE. Everything they do nowadays is the "flat" look. I don't ever see them going back to the 3D look of Win7 and prior.

If you want the old 3D look back, you need to consider using WindowBlinds from Stardock -- but you'll have to wait because their most current version doesn't work on Win10.

Mark Phelps, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    Winaero Tweaker

6. XweAponX Win User
    XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Ranting about it now ? here ? That`s what feedback is for.

Windows 10 TP has been out for a year, you weren`t aware of how 10 looked ?

No one made you install 10, it was your choice *Smile

AddRAM, Aug 19, 2015
  8. HC1Gunner Win User

Too Bland ! ! !

I don't need a 3D look, I just the top of Explorer to have colored bar across the top, so you can tell where one grab, and can quickly spot each and every opened window.

AddRAM,

If you don't have anything to say, then don't bother flaming peeps post

HC1Gunner, Aug 19, 2015
  9. XweAponX Win User
    Ranting is good to do in the Insight app feedback section *Smile

If all you want are the tops of the shell windows coloured, use the Aero Beta I posted. You will have to put up with a non-closable Debug window though.

XweAponX, Aug 19, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    It's been addressed in build 10525.
    Screen shot:

Too Bland ! ! ! [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Aug 19, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    Too Bland ! ! ! [​IMG]

I do not think my Desk Top looks Bland.

12. pyramid10 Win User
    High-Contrast Themes can be alternatives if apps can play nice with the restrictions.

pyramid10, Aug 19, 2015
  13. AveYo Win User

Too Bland ! ! !

WTF is wrong with people. Windows 10 is so slick and sexy and bling - except those FJ#$#* titlebars. As if explorer was not enough blinding white. But nobody's perfect. Check out your girlfriend. Good news it's been addressed, but the idiot that implemented it should be fired (with a gun).
    And posting blasphemous Crappic Shell replacement, instead of using Microsoft greatest innovation in the last 20 years should be banned in this forum
    *Devil
    Also, RIP Delta Force 98' I was a GOD back then with my Logitech trackball. Now this reminder makes me really sad, I've played everything with that thing, from quake to unreal tournament to half-life to counter-strike.

[picture @google, I got only the actual ball from mine left *Smile ]
    Now I'm wondering...does Windows 10 still supports serial port mouse? 'Cause PS/2 works, even with overclocking to 200Hz.
    Found it *Biggrin
    Too Bland ! ! ! [​IMG]

AveYo, Aug 20, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    Too bland ? Well, some people call that "Simplicity" and "Sparing computer resources better used somewhere else". I have a lot of nice paintings on walls and don't paint flowers on wrenches, hammers and screwdrivers to make them not bland.
    There's hundreds of nice themes out there or you can make yours.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Too Bland ! ! !

1. Too Bland ! ! ! - Similar Threads - Too Bland

2. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?: I've had my computer since 2014 and it's had a few factory resets since then. The most recent one was around 6+ months ago and recently my computer told me that my Windows wasn't activated. I tried a lot of fixes online thinking it was an error but I think it has just been...
  3. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?: I've had my computer since 2014 and it's had a few factory resets since then. The most recent one was around 6+ months ago and recently my computer told me that my Windows wasn't activated. I tried a lot of fixes online thinking it was an error but I think it has just been...
  4. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I was factory reseting my computer and i think i stoped it too early, beacause now i have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was factory reseting my computer and i think i stoped it too early, beacause now i have a...: No leds are on and i might have to go to a shop to get it fixxed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-factory-reseting-my-computer-and-i-think-i/5d3bb0fe-7ee5-40fc-9527-2c905039353c
  6. I was factory reseting my computer and i think i stoped it too early, beacause now i have a...

I was factory reseting my computer and i think i stoped it too early, beacause now i have a...: No leds are on and i might have to go to a shop to get it fixxed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-factory-reseting-my-computer-and-i-think-i/5d3bb0fe-7ee5-40fc-9527-2c905039353c
  7. I was factory reseting my computer and i think i stoped it too early, beacause now i have a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. my screen glitches out when i play some games and then my cursor just glitches out too

my screen glitches out when i play some games and then my cursor just glitches out too: i cant show a picture because when i play the game it only happens when my screen is directly at the gameplay. if i open up a menu or exit out of the game it goes to normal so i cant really get a picture of it. but it just glitches out my screen like crazy....
  9. my screen glitches out when i play some games and then my cursor just glitches out too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen glitches out when i play some games and then my cursor just glitches out too: i cant show a picture because when i play the game it only happens when my screen is directly at the gameplay. if i open up a menu or exit out of the game it goes to normal so i cant really get a picture of it. but it just glitches out my screen like crazy....
  10. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.: I posted a while back about Blue Screens that is too fast to read the error message. I was instructed in my previous post to uploads some files to identify what blue screen errors I have but the system does not create one. I was also instructed to do a memory test which...