Windows 10: Too large virtual memory

Discus and support Too large virtual memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I use some workstations as network render nodes. (I use Autodesk 3ds max and Vray.) Last week, I rendered some images from a large file, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rjn d, Nov 8, 2018.

1. rjn d Win User

Too large virtual memory

Hello,

I use some workstations as network render nodes. (I use Autodesk 3ds max and Vray.) Last week, I rendered some images from a large file, which includes large amount of proxy files. Proxy files require large amount of ram for render. After I completed the job, I have noticed the virtual memory amount of all workstations increased dramatically.

Two of the workstations have conventional hdds and 16 gbs of rams and one of them has 32 gbs of ram and a ssd. The ones those have 16 gbs ram have 96gbs and 48 gbs virtual memory (seems extremely large) and the one has 32 gigs of ram has 26 gbs of virtual memory. All the virtual memories are adjusted by Windows 10 automatically.

I have two questions:

1.if I leave virtual memory settings as they are, Will Windows decrease them automaticaly (as increased them automatically) or should I decrease them manually?

2.If I adjust them manually and set some lower value, and then re-check automatic adjustment box (whatever the name), will the Windows be able to re adjust the required amount itself?

Thank you for your reply.

:)

rjn d, Nov 8, 2018

2. How to Increase Virtual Memory in Windows 10: A Quick Guide

What is Virtual Memory?

In computing, virtual memory is a memory management technique that provides an "idealized abstraction of the storage resources that are actually available on a given machine" which "creates the illusion to users of a very large memory." The computer's operating
    system, using a combination of hardware and software, maps memory addresses used by a program, called virtual addresses, into physical addresses in computer memory.

Step 1: Go to Start Menu and click on Settings.

Step 2: Now type performance on search bar and select
    Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows

Step 3: A new Window will open before you. Go to Advanced tab in it.

Step 4: You’ll see a Virtual memory section in it. Click on
    Change

Too large virtual memory Virtual-Memory-in-Windows-10.jpg

Step 5: If the current setting is considerably less than the recommended, unselect the
    Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box on this window and click on
    Custom size.

Step 6: Now enter the recommended value in the Initial Size box, and a larger figure in the
    Maximum size

Step 7: Click on OK to save the changes.

Edu Baloja, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Too large virtual memory

Thema:

Too large virtual memory

1. Too large virtual memory - Similar Threads - Too large virtual

2. System32 too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 too large: So I've been wondering why my C drive is almost full. I've read some similar, previously asked questions on the forums but I've yet to find someone with a similar issue. I ran TreeSize as suggested in some responses to pinpoint what's taking up so much space. the largest...
  3. Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh. I'm using Windows 10 for years. I'm spotting a thing, Windows is automatically generating 11.8GB of virtual memory on my pc with 6GB of physical memory. And it looks like it is slowed my pc down a little. It even takes a minimum of 5 seconds to...
  4. Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC: Hi, I'm Sakib from Bangladesh. I'm using Windows 10 for years. I'm spotting a thing, Windows is automatically generating 11.8GB of virtual memory on my pc with 6GB of physical memory. And it looks like it is slowed my pc down a little. It even takes a minimum of 5 seconds to...
  5. Too much virtual memory on a 6GB ram PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. The resolution is too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    The resolution is too large: I have set up my computer on a smaller monitor then normal, and find that the screen is much larger then the monitor can fit. When going into the settings, the only resolution sizes I have are 1280 x 720 witch is too big, and 800 x 600 witch is too long and not wide enough....
  7. Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual memory 2000 too much or no?: Im new to this , i want to play MW warzone but it crashes so i saw in a tutorial how to fix it by putting virtual memory on 2000 on both , i have an ssd and 16GB of RAM. Am i doing something wrong? is it safe?. submitted by /u/pepinopocho [link] [comments]...
  8. Virtual Memory, too low? or too high?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Memory, too low? or too high?: Hello, first time asking a question here on microsoft.com and I hope someone can help! So I have a Toshiba i7core PC with 12 GB of RAM. Lately I have been having high disk usage issues and have been searching for solutions to solve the issues. I have gone through various...
  9. File too large

File too large: Yesterday it was I couldn't save changes to documents or pictures. Got that solved. Today, when I try to download a picture from a website, I'm getting the message, "failed, file too large". Even small pictures are too large. Can someone help with this?...
  10. Display too large.

Display too large.: My display is too large and stretched. How do I get it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-too-large/2665383b-cdcf-47b8-9148-94c89f52e2e7