Windows 10: Too large virtual memory

Discus and support Too large virtual memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I use some workstations as network render nodes. (I use Autodesk 3ds max and Vray.) Last week, I rendered some images from a large file, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rjn d, Nov 8, 2018.

1. rjn d Win User

Too large virtual memory

Hello,

I use some workstations as network render nodes. (I use Autodesk 3ds max and Vray.) Last week, I rendered some images from a large file, which includes large amount of proxy files. Proxy files require large amount of ram for render. After I completed the job, I have noticed the virtual memory amount of all workstations increased dramatically.

Two of the workstations have conventional hdds and 16 gbs of rams and one of them has 32 gbs of ram and a ssd. The ones those have 16 gbs ram have 96gbs and 48 gbs virtual memory (seems extremely large) and the one has 32 gigs of ram has 26 gbs of virtual memory. All the virtual memories are adjusted by Windows 10 automatically.

I have two questions:

1.if I leave virtual memory settings as they are, Will Windows decrease them automaticaly (as increased them automatically) or should I decrease them manually?

2.If I adjust them manually and set some lower value, and then re-check automatic adjustment box (whatever the name), will the Windows be able to re adjust the required amount itself?

Thank you for your reply.

:)

rjn d, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Edu Baloja Win User

How to Increase Virtual Memory in Windows 10: A Quick Guide

What is Virtual Memory?

In computing, virtual memory is a memory management technique that provides an "idealized abstraction of the storage resources that are actually available on a given machine" which "creates the illusion to users of a very large memory." The computer's operating
    system, using a combination of hardware and software, maps memory addresses used by a program, called virtual addresses, into physical addresses in computer memory.

Step 1: Go to Start Menu and click on Settings.

Step 2: Now type performance on search bar and select
    Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows

Step 3: A new Window will open before you. Go to Advanced tab in it.

Step 4: You’ll see a Virtual memory section in it. Click on
    Change

Too large virtual memory Virtual-Memory-in-Windows-10.jpg

Step 5: If the current setting is considerably less than the recommended, unselect the
    Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box on this window and click on
    Custom size.

Step 6: Now enter the recommended value in the Initial Size box, and a larger figure in the
    Maximum size

Step 7: Click on OK to save the changes.

Edu Baloja, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Too large virtual memory

Thema:

Too large virtual memory

1. Too large virtual memory - Similar Threads - Too large virtual

2. display too large for my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display too large for my screen: my windows display does not fit into my screen size it is too large & I cannot access the start button or the toolbar properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-too-large-for-my-screen/ecd5bdc7-b48f-4bae-a3cf-df7004becee7
  3. everything too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    everything too large: 11/9/2019 Earlier today I was searching for help when my computer opened with everything too large. I couldn't find an answer that helped, but I didn't finally find the solution so I thought I'd try to help someone else with the same problem. I found that resetting the...
  4. File Too Large – The file is too large for the destination file system

in Windows 10 News
    File Too Large – The file is too large for the destination file system: [ATTACH] This post will help you if you cannot copy large files over 4GB to USB flash drive or SD card, and you receive a message – File Too Large, The file is too large for the destination file system message [...] This post File Too Large – The file is too large for the...
  5. windows virtual memory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows virtual memory settings: can anyone recommend best virtual memory settings for 3 gb ram computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-virtual-memory-settings/abed7870-8346-408f-a889-9db2ad1b81c8
  6. Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?: As soon as I fired up Sony Vegas 13 and started to record (setting up the microphone was a whole other issue), I was presented with a Low Memory Warning (in Sony Vegas). Personally I think I should have adjusted the Virtual Memory ages ago (Win7), but here we are with Win10...
  7. Аllocating virtual memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Аllocating virtual memory: Hello, I have 4gb ram how much virtual memory i need to allocate? how much minimum and how many maximum I can set manually.Thanks*Smile Than 101062
  8. Virtual Memory on another drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual Memory on another drive: Hi everyone, I'm a new member to your forums. I just wanted to get some input on a change I recently made with my computer. I have a small SSD installed, which I mainly just use for virtual machines occasionally. My operating system isn't installed on this SSD, but rather a...
  9. Desktop too large for screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop too large for screen: I've just bought a NUC PC and started setting it up as a Media PC. However, the desktop and any other screens are two wide and to high to fit in the monitor. The Monitor is my SAMSung TV. The Windows start icon is too far to the right, the bottom task bar only shows 50% of...
  10. Extra large icons too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra large icons too small: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home edition on a laptop. When I select "extra large icons" in WindowsExplorer the spacing increases but the thumbnail size stays the same as for"large icons". I have tried all the suggested fixes from the net, but nonehas worked. These...