Windows 10: too light of a color for the font but cant seem to change the setting

Discus and support too light of a color for the font but cant seem to change the setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't seem to get windows 10 pro font size and color to be better visualized. sometimes I can hardly see the font color - it's light grey now - not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CoraleePowell, Dec 21, 2018.

1. too light of a color for the font but cant seem to change the setting

I can't seem to get windows 10 pro font size and color to be better visualized. sometimes I can hardly see the font color - it's light grey now - not black not font chosen in settings etc. can someone clue me in as to what might be the problem

:)

CoraleePowell, Dec 21, 2018
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    how do i change the color of the font in windows 10 edge?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

In Windows 10, you cannot change the colour of the Font.

If you are referring to the theme on Microsoft Edge and if it is showing a dark, you can change it to light. Follow the steps to change the theme:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More actions > Settings
    • Click on Choose a theme and change it to light.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 21, 2018
  4. too light of a color for the font but cant seem to change the setting

New laptrop and font color light grey. Need to change it . Hard to read.

Change font color from grey to black. New computer and font to light to read. Older person not teck friendly. HP laptop and windows 10

DM64toronto, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

too light of a color for the font but cant seem to change the setting

1. too light of a color for the font but cant seem to change the setting - Similar Threads - too light color

2. about changing background color, font size and font color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about changing background color, font size and font color: how to change background color, type of font, font color & font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-changing-background-color-font-size-and-font/3631f093-37ba-4f64-af6f-bb637ddf8310
  3. about changing background color, font size and font color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about changing background color, font size and font color: how to change background color, type of font, font color & font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-changing-background-color-font-size-and-font/3631f093-37ba-4f64-af6f-bb637ddf8310
  4. font too light on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    font too light on windows 11: Windows 11: Need darker font. I have tried cleartype adjust to make the font darker but the font is still too light. How can I darken the font?I have tried to drag and drop a bold font but the drag and drop doesn't move the font...
  5. font too light on windows 11

font too light on windows 11: Windows 11: Need darker font. I have tried cleartype adjust to make the font darker but the font is still too light. How can I darken the font?I have tried to drag and drop a bold font but the drag and drop doesn't move the font...
  6. Windows 10 font and color seem off...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 font and color seem off...: I recently installed a copy of Windows 10 on my HP laptop after deciding to completely remove the previous one. I have noticed that both the text and colors on the display are very different from what a "normal" Windows screen should show. I do not have the exact words but...
  7. font color change

in Windows 10 Customization
    font color change: How do I change gray font color to black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-color-change/295973f5-2fd2-46ce-9a88-ab214a12070b
  8. cant find setting to change color of email

cant find setting to change color of email: my tool bar does not match the one in the examples... can't find it.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-setting-to-change-color-of-email/a60b370b-2093-4b45-b6b6-ad419a4c790c
  9. Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color

Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color: Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-too-light-unable-to-change-color/0aa01766-df74-4845-960e-55e30d1015ec
  10. Change Font Color

Change Font Color: I have been having problems with the colored font for incoming emails. I cannot read them because they are too faint. How do I change this font to black so I can read it? Send me a link to change the font to black for any font color. Thanks. Paul Jones...