Windows 10: Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere

Discus and support Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [img] [img] Bone empty. As of today, still no updates since about....Nov. 3. Just definition updates. Lately under Security & Maintenance it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Corona, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Corona Win User

Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere

Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere [​IMG]

Bone empty.
    As of today, still no updates since about....Nov. 3.
    Just definition updates.

Lately under Security & Maintenance it's been installing between 86 to 256 fixes & minor upgrades per day for the past 2 weeks or so. But lately it's been having a tough time with these Store thingies (below).

That usually tells me there's a CU or bigger coming up.
    Am I mistaken? Is there cause for worry?

(PS...I'm usually pretty good at inserting multiple pics at other boards, but on this board it can be a nightmare.)

:)

Corona, Nov 9, 2019

2. what video card would you go with

Nice *Wink Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere ;). I look at it like this. You have 90 days to do the Step-up. If you buy it today..

• That's May 12thish that you have be the ability to do the step up...
    • But, in that 90 days, you may have the chance to get the 4870x2 down to a price worth getting.
    • Or, Just buy one of the new cards...
    3 possibilities in one little buy.

Cold Storm, Nov 9, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 9, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Too little in updates and too much going on elsewhere - Similar Threads - Too little updates

2. Too much music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  3. Too much music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  4. Too much music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  6. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  7. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  8. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  9. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  10. Too much contact?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much contact?: Is it just me, or does it seem like Microsoft has far too many automatic contacts. My wife gets an email every day telling her to change the name of a file that doesn't exist. Every few hours I get a pop up telling me there are issues with my new password. I only changed my...