Windows 10: too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow

Discus and support too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this is screenshot of task manager [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hemal Ladani, Aug 29, 2019.

1. too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow

this is screenshot of task manager

too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow 50a77156-ae96-44fc-bc08-abffcfa98602?upload=true.png

:)

Hemal Ladani, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

There's no updating "process" (using that term for both a process and a service that runs background) for video studio showing using

- Task Manager/processes

- msconfig/services

- msconfig/startup

So I guess there isn't one.

The question tho wasn't "is there one running" (I'd already checked that for task manager at least and reported so in the 1st post), but whether by specification if a vendor was to run one, it must appear in the list.

Ergo, not listed = not being run.

Next stop on my diagnosis path is to check scheduling.

Davidk03, Aug 29, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow

computer running slow

Hi Joyboat

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

If your PC is still running slow:

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

Choose the Processes Tab

Leave that window open to monitor your system

When your PC is running slow, is your Hard drive, CPU or RAM overly busy at that time?

If so, click on the appropriate column header, so the arrow faces down

What are the top 5 processes at that time?

DaveM121, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow

1. too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow - Similar Threads - too many background

2. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  3. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  4. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Run too many service in background

Run too many service in background: There are too many services running in background of my laptop I saw it when I opened task manager is there is a way to stop then because it accumulating my 60% Of ram and my laptop is getting heated also i can't open much apps . Product details Manufacturer - hp...
  6. Running Processes in task manager

Running Processes in task manager: Why do I have multiple processes running of some programs in task manager using Windows 10, Even after closing them with none running at bottom. Example: Microsoft15...
  7. Too many background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too many background processes: So, I've had this laptop for almost a year, an hp omen, and recently it's been running slowly whenever I play games or even when I use a navigator. I've checked the task manager and it's come to my realization that every time I boot up my computer different processes start...
  8. How many background running processes in wondows10

How many background running processes in wondows10: I just want to know how many background running processes on task manager when tapping Processes in windows 10 just after boot up of a laptop. please bring me a screenshot and guide me how to block or utterly close them. Thank you....
  9. My Laptop is running too slow.

My Laptop is running too slow.: Can anyone suggest what to do. Getting this screen on booting. This happened after a Windows Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-running-too-slow/a397ded9-2403-4ce3-8021-a04d57f01f69
  10. Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes?

Why My Laptop has so many background processes and Windows Processes?: I just bought a new laptop a few days ago, and I have so many problem after the auto updates in windows 10. 1. my cpu usage, memory usage, and disk usage get so high easily when I open the task manager or any program they will go up to 20-40% on cpu usage, the memory will...