Windows 10: Too many background processes

Discus and support Too many background processes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I've had this laptop for almost a year, an hp omen, and recently it's been running slowly whenever I play games or even when I use a navigator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CyberTac0, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Too many background processes

So, I've had this laptop for almost a year, an hp omen, and recently it's been running slowly whenever I play games or even when I use a navigator. I've checked the task manager and it's come to my realization that every time I boot up my computer different processes start eating up all the ram to the point where it takes up to 60% (for reference, I have 8 Gb of Ram). I know some of these processes are necessary for a normal operation of windows but there's a lot of softwares that I haven't even installed and are nowhere to be found and still use a bit of my ram. Is there anything I can do to resolve the issue other than manually ending every other task whenever my computer starts slowing down?

submitted by /u/CyberTac0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CyberTac0, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Dec 8, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 8, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Too many background processes

Background Processes

Hello Andrew,

Task Manager shows you the running processes or programs depending on what kind of services they are.
    Background processes run in the background without user intervention. The processes you see under this category include processes that involve logging, system monitoring, scheduling, and notifications. These are the processes that programs
    usually use in the background. Windows services on the other hand, shows you the list of processes that make up your computer's interface or behavior. This explains why what you normally see under this category are the Windows services that
    tell your computer how to operate.

Regards.

John Vil, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Too many background processes

1. Too many background processes - Similar Threads - Too many background

2. I have Way too many background processes which are using too much ram and cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Way too many background processes which are using too much ram and cpu: HOW can i reduce it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-way-too-many-background-processes-which-are/151d5924-dea1-4383-9a2f-9cdba095cec6
  3. I have Way too many background processes which are using too much ram and cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Way too many background processes which are using too much ram and cpu: HOW can i reduce it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-way-too-many-background-processes-which-are/151d5924-dea1-4383-9a2f-9cdba095cec6
  4. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  5. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  6. too many process in task manager

7. So many background processes but only 1 window process

So many background processes but only 1 window process: Hello all,I recently looked into Task Manager and there seems to be something odd. I see there's 164 background processes but when you scroll down into windows processes, there seems to be only 1 windows process which is Windows Explorer. Can someone help me fix this issue?...
  8. Run too many service in background

Run too many service in background: There are too many services running in background of my laptop I saw it when I opened task manager is there is a way to stop then because it accumulating my 60% Of ram and my laptop is getting heated also i can't open much apps . Product details Manufacturer - hp...
  9. Too many background apps

Too many background apps: Split from this thread. Too many background apps[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-apps/a3d63ca6-881d-4c0c-9170-9169761face3
  10. Is 149 processes too many?

Is 149 processes too many?: I recently got a new aming pc. It uses 149 processes, it is very quiet and everything, as i type using firefox and steam opened, it is only using 1% of cpu which i know is fine, but I am just wondering if down the line, as i install games or so on, it may effect it. Is 149,...