Windows 10: Too many choices - Copy to and Move to

Discus and support Too many choices - Copy to and Move to in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got my Acer laptop back from the shop. The 'move to' and 'copy to' menus have decided to add and keep every item ever used. Anyone have a fix. ie.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eppelralph, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Too many choices - Copy to and Move to

Just got my Acer laptop back from the shop. The 'move to' and 'copy to' menus have decided to add and keep every item ever used. Anyone have a fix. ie. I need to deleted unwanted sticky items in the "Move to" and "Copy to" drop down menus. This is a tough one to google, everyone seems to think I want to move the buttons to the context menu

submitted by /u/eppelralph
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eppelralph, Nov 8, 2020

2. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Nov 8, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Too many choices - Copy to and Move to

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Too many choices - Copy to and Move to

1. Too many choices - Copy to and Move to - Similar Threads - Too many choices

2. Too many svchost.exe's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many svchost.exe's: On my old laptop, I remember having Windows 10 1703 installed in it, although, now it is updated. Before it had ~60-65 SVCHost.exe's, whereas now it is updated to version Windows 10 21H2, which for this time it has around 100 svchost.exe's. Same applies to my new laptop....
  3. Too many svchost.exe's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many svchost.exe's: On my old laptop, I remember having Windows 10 1703 installed in it, although, now it is updated. Before it had ~60-65 SVCHost.exe's, whereas now it is updated to version Windows 10 21H2, which for this time it has around 100 svchost.exe's. Same applies to my new laptop....
  4. Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location: Two nearly identical 20H2 desktops, with basically identical settings and software, but on one, when I click Move To on the Home tab of the ribbon in File Explorer, a drop-down containing Quick Access folders and the old "Libraries" list appears with "Choose Location ..." at...
  5. Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Drop-down choices under Move To & Copy To gone: only Choose Location: Two nearly identical 20H2 desktops, with basically identical settings and software, but on one, when I click Move To on the Home tab of the ribbon in File Explorer, a drop-down containing Quick Access folders and the old "Libraries" list appears with "Choose Location ..." at...
  6. Too many BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many BSODs: Hello, I used to have some BSODs some time back but now i'm getting them quite frequently specially when gaming. The codes are memory_management, unexpected store exception, clock watchdog timeout, irql not less or equal for now and sometimes it just hangs and the power...
  7. keyboard problem - too much choices

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard problem - too much choices: Hello! If I click In taskbar on the language icon I see: [img] if I select the last item the dead key sequences doesn't work. How to remove this item? with the language settings this item is not listed. Thank you for tips with Windows 10 Version 1909 (10.0.18363 Build...
  8. Too Many Trackers

in Browsers and Email
    Too Many Trackers: Hi, I run the latest version of CCleaner at the end of each day and CCleaner typically finds between 1000 and 2500 trackers...each day! I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, all updates are done, I just changed my browser from Opera to Firefox and set tracker blocking to...
  9. Too many BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many BSOD: My computer keeps on Blue screening. I was going to try to see the .dmp files but some reason can't open them so I am here for your help. I have reinstalled all drivers many times, all drivers are up to date, bios is up to date, windows is up to date. Clean install on windows...
  10. too many devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    too many devices: I opened minecraft yesterday, but today it says I have too many devices. I proceeded to remove all except home PC and it still wont work. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-devices/2b2c81e7-969b-4571-8726-d37613f3d408"