Windows 10: Too many chrome tabs how do I stop this madness

Discus and support Too many chrome tabs how do I stop this madness in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I open one chrom tab but in task manager it says I have 32 or so open. How do I close these past tabs? Why are there so many??? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CzarTyr, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Too many chrome tabs how do I stop this madness

I open one chrom tab but in task manager it says I have 32 or so open. How do I close these past tabs? Why are there so many???

submitted by /u/CzarTyr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CzarTyr, Mar 10, 2020
  2. TewttewT Win User

Google Chrome stuck on white screen

The issue seems to be hardware acceleration. At least in my case it was. I solved my problem by performing the steps below.

• Right click chrome shortcut and go to properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab and run it in compatibility mode for Vista.
    • Open chrome then go to Settings>Advanced then under the
      System
      heading there is an option to disable hardware acceleration.
    After performing those steps you can stop using compatibility mode for vista.

Hopefully this works for you!

TewttewT, Mar 10, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Too many chrome tabs how do I stop this madness

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Too many chrome tabs how do I stop this madness

1. Too many chrome tabs how do I stop this madness - Similar Threads - Too many chrome

2. How i disable too many shutdown feature.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i disable too many shutdown feature.: Hi thereI often shutdown the computer a few time a day and nothing happen until THIS WEEK.I was forced to download windows 10 since my computer was acting up/Everything was fine until i got the notice too many shutdown This sign-in option is disabled. I didn't sign up for...
  3. How i disable too many shutdown feature.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i disable too many shutdown feature.: Hi thereI often shutdown the computer a few time a day and nothing happen until THIS WEEK.I was forced to download windows 10 since my computer was acting up/Everything was fine until i got the notice too many shutdown This sign-in option is disabled. I didn't sign up for...
  4. How i disable too many shutdown feature.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?

How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?: I switched over to Chrome awhile back because of problems with Firefox and now I’m constantly getting Popups especially when I view the news. Every time I close Chrome there is another window behind it and sometimes it is playing an advertisement video with sound that drowns...
  6. How many tabs can we open in Google chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many tabs can we open in Google chrome: Guys,Technically how many tabs can I open in google chrome browser on my windows 11 laptop , provided with 16 GB RAM and a good cooling system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-tabs-can-we-open-in-google-chrome/e90cd029-509a-4bc4-9149-26f37a02e478
  7. How many tabs can we open in Google chrome

How many tabs can we open in Google chrome: Guys,Technically how many tabs can I open in google chrome browser on my windows 11 laptop , provided with 16 GB RAM and a good cooling system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-tabs-can-we-open-in-google-chrome/e90cd029-509a-4bc4-9149-26f37a02e478
  8. Too many browser tabs open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many browser tabs open: I am having slow and freezing problems with edge and firefox browsers. I started opening task manager and checking the browsers. When I open 4 windows in firefox 3 of them will tell me firefox is already running and task manager might show 10-20 running and edge sometimes...
  9. How many are too many fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How many are too many fonts in Windows 10: So right not I don't have any problems with my 1700 fonts. But I feel like it could be affecting my Adobe illustrator. I was wondering how many my computer can handle. I have a Dell Precision 5820 with 2 hard drives 250GB and 1 TB with 32 RAM with a graphic Driver NVIDIA...
  10. Web Browser Tabs (How many is too many?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Web Browser Tabs (How many is too many?): Hi All, I'm new here, but I've had serious problems with W10 for a while and it seems to be related to how many tabs I have open in any web browser. It doesn't seem to matter which one. I've tried Chrome, FF, Edge. Just a few minutes ago Edge was using almost 10GB of RAM and...