Windows 10: too many Document files

Discus and support too many Document files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a Dell computer stop working. Had to use direct cable to transfer files to new Dell. Had problems and created 4 separate registry files on C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michaelgriffithZS, Aug 23, 2020.

1. too many Document files

I had a Dell computer stop working. Had to use direct cable to transfer files to new Dell. Had problems and created 4 separate registry files on C drive, My computer, My name and a 4th. Every time I save a file it goes to all four document files. I am running out of memory. If i delete one file on one document all are deleted. How can i separate them and delete 3 of them?

:)

michaelgriffithZS, Aug 23, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 23, 2020
  4. too many Document files

Scanned Documents will not post to file in Windows 10

Hi Dougars,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.

Next try to scan the documents and check if it shows the same error code.

Please let us know if it’s working.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

too many Document files

1. too many Document files - Similar Threads - too many Document

2. I accidentally extracted too many files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally extracted too many files: I can dragging some files to a folder and accidentally put them on my desktop and now I can’t do anything on my laptop & I don’t have a restore point...
  3. I accidentally extracted too many files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally extracted too many files: I can dragging some files to a folder and accidentally put them on my desktop and now I can’t do anything on my laptop & I don’t have a restore point...
  4. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extracted too many files on desktop: Basically while I wasn't paying attention I extracted all files onto my desktop and now my screen goes black every other time I click and can't open any applications....
  5. Extracted too many files on desktop

Extracted too many files on desktop: Basically while I wasn't paying attention I extracted all files onto my desktop and now my screen goes black every other time I click and can't open any applications....
  6. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. extracted too many rar files in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extracted too many rar files in desktop: ok so basically i extracted a rar file with my win rar and without noticing i extracted on my desktop now my desktop is completely blank and i also have access to apps and i also don't have any system restore point pls help me or my father will beat me...
  8. extracted too many rar files in desktop

extracted too many rar files in desktop: ok so basically i extracted a rar file with my win rar and without noticing i extracted on my desktop now my desktop is completely blank and i also have access to apps and i also don't have any system restore point pls help me or my father will beat me...
  9. File explorer shows too many disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer shows too many disks: When I open file explorer, it use show C:, D: , E: and F: but now it has automatically created N,O, P, Q ,R,S, T,U,V automatically, everyone of them has a a folder called download and inside them is some zip files which names are the same of a steam software i downloaded...
  10. Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document."

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Errorin office 2016: "there are too many edits in the document.": Hallo everyone, Since yesterday, I get an error in Word: "there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your work." I've read on the internet something about the cache with temporary files but the cache is as good as empty. I also...