Windows 10: too many HID listings

Discus and support too many HID listings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi new at this so hope you'll be patient I was looking around my windows 10 home settings for connected devices. I followed this path all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tallis, Aug 10, 2019.

1. tallis Win User

too many HID listings

Hi new at this so hope you'll be patient
    I was looking around my windows 10 home settings for connected devices.
    I followed this path
    all settings>devices
    no connected devices option available under any of the sub categories
    I then tried to find connected devices through Cortana
    nope nothing
    I then tried a search as I might for lost files
    nada
    I figured Id use a backdoor kind of whats up to see connected devices
    I then checked out device manager where tons of HID devices are listed

too many HID listings [​IMG]

I thought this was curious as I am not using any USB devices randomly or otherwise.
    Curious I checked out my mobil hotspot to see why and how I was connected

This is not my computer or network
    I found this computer remotely accessing my hotspot and turning on and connecting remotely
    even more curious I thought I'd check out my event viewer

It looks to me like I might have a security problem
    in any event my question is this
    1.how do I find/review my connected devices
    2. how do I discern which devices to safely disconnect
    thanks for any help?!
    T

:)

tallis, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Jeffrey57 Win User

HID Touchscreen Driver

It was listed under HID until I did a reboot for Microsoft updates. Touchscreen works but not listed. No HID driver listed for my Dell Latitude.

Jeffrey57, Aug 10, 2019
  3. HID-compliant mouse. Device Status:This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Have you tried updating the driver for the HID-compliant mouse?

Follow these steps on how to update the driver:

To do this, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.
    If that does not work, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your laptop directly and ask for updated drivers for Windows 10.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

too many HID listings

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

too many HID listings

1. too many HID listings - Similar Threads - too many HID

2. Too many svchost.exe's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many svchost.exe's: On my old laptop, I remember having Windows 10 1703 installed in it, although, now it is updated. Before it had ~60-65 SVCHost.exe's, whereas now it is updated to version Windows 10 21H2, which for this time it has around 100 svchost.exe's. Same applies to my new laptop....
  3. Too many svchost.exe's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many svchost.exe's: On my old laptop, I remember having Windows 10 1703 installed in it, although, now it is updated. Before it had ~60-65 SVCHost.exe's, whereas now it is updated to version Windows 10 21H2, which for this time it has around 100 svchost.exe's. Same applies to my new laptop....
  4. Too many BSODs

Too many BSODs: Hi I've been experiencing too many BSODs for the past few days. I don't know what to do since I recently just upgraded some of my parts.Specs:Ryzen 5 3600 not OC'dRX 580 8gb not OC'dCorsair Vengeance Pro 8x2 OC'd to 3200mhz newASUS TUF Gaming Pro 2 motherboard newSeasonic...
  5. Too many BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many BSODs: Hello, I used to have some BSODs some time back but now i'm getting them quite frequently specially when gaming. The codes are memory_management, unexpected store exception, clock watchdog timeout, irql not less or equal for now and sometimes it just hangs and the power...
  6. Too Many Trackers

in Browsers and Email
    Too Many Trackers: Hi, I run the latest version of CCleaner at the end of each day and CCleaner typically finds between 1000 and 2500 trackers...each day! I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, all updates are done, I just changed my browser from Opera to Firefox and set tracker blocking to...
  7. Too many BSOD

Too many BSOD: My computer keeps on Blue screening. I was going to try to see the .dmp files but some reason can't open them so I am here for your help. I have reinstalled all drivers many times, all drivers are up to date, bios is up to date, windows is up to date. Clean install on windows...
  8. too many devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    too many devices: I opened minecraft yesterday, but today it says I have too many devices. I proceeded to remove all except home PC and it still wont work. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-devices/2b2c81e7-969b-4571-8726-d37613f3d408"
  9. Too many connections

Too many connections: RDP is broken, like everything else in the operating system. Twice now I am in RDP and twice now it just errors out. When it does I can no longer access the computer at all. I RDP back into it it says too many connections. I physically go to the PC and log in it says too many...
  10. Too many software problems to list in headline!!!!!

Too many software problems to list in headline!!!!!: Ok, I despise windows 10. It is pretty and looks like 7 but nothing works, I cannot accomplish anything. My Windows 10 or software bug list: 1) Chrome does not see any of my files that are sitting on my desktop when I open the attach window to attach files. 2)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 why so many hid devices

2. windows 10 too many hid drivers

3. hid compliant mouse why so many

4. too many hid devices windows 10