Windows 10: too many icons in task bar

Discus and support too many icons in task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I suddenly have two rows of icons in my Task Bar. The upper row is the one I want to keep displayed. I use it all the time. I'd like to hide the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Burtlake1, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Burtlake1 Win User

too many icons in task bar

I suddenly have two rows of icons in my Task Bar. The upper row is the one I want to keep displayed. I use it all the time. I'd like to hide the lower row but not delete it. How can I do this? And how did the lower row suddenly get there?

:)

Burtlake1, Sep 22, 2022

2. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 22, 2022
  4. too many icons in task bar

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

too many icons in task bar

1. too many icons in task bar - Similar Threads - too many icons

2. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many tasks in task manager: I have too many programs running in the background when i check the task manager how do i fix it and disable/delete the useless programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-tasks-in-task-manager/1207dab9-62be-4b41-b9c5-02b788a33113
  3. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many tasks in task manager: I have too many programs running in the background when i check the task manager how do i fix it and disable/delete the useless programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-tasks-in-task-manager/1207dab9-62be-4b41-b9c5-02b788a33113
  4. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task bar Icons are too big. Tried many solutions, didn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar Icons are too big. Tried many solutions, didn't work.: I have the latest version of windows 11, just updated a few days ago. Now, my task bar is too big and the icons too. It's too distracting. I tried everything. I tried the registry things 'taskbarSi'; I tried Vivetool, I tried .bat files. nothing is working. I keep trying and...
  6. Task bar Icons are too big. Tried many solutions, didn't work.

Task bar Icons are too big. Tried many solutions, didn't work.: I have the latest version of windows 11, just updated a few days ago. Now, my task bar is too big and the icons too. It's too distracting. I tried everything. I tried the registry things 'taskbarSi'; I tried Vivetool, I tried .bat files. nothing is working. I keep trying and...
  7. too many icons in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many icons in task bar: I suddenly have two rows of icons in my Task Bar. The upper row is the one I want to keep displayed. I use it all the time. I'd like to hide the lower row but not delete it. How can I do this? And how did the lower row suddenly get there?...
  8. too many icons in task bar

too many icons in task bar: I suddenly have two rows of icons in my Task Bar. The upper row is the one I want to keep displayed. I use it all the time. I'd like to hide the lower row but not delete it. How can I do this? And how did the lower row suddenly get there?...
  9. too many process in task manager

too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  10. Task bar icons are too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar icons are too small: Windows 7 has a way to make the icons on the task bar significantly larger--n essential resource for those with poor eyesight or a small screen. Windows 10 appears to have dropped that feature and instead has just two size settings: "small" in which the icons are...