Windows 10: Too many PIN entry attempts BitLocker error in Windows 10

Discus and support Too many PIN entry attempts BitLocker error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will identify the cause and the offer the possible workaround to the issue of Too many PIN entry attempts error message […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 9, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Too many PIN entry attempts BitLocker error in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 9, 2020

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly

Hi JulianSchubert,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community

TPM will lock itself out after a few incorrect authentication attempts. These could be due to incorrect PIN entry for BitLocker or incorrect PIN entry for TPM virtual smartcard PIN. For TPM version 1.2, the lockout behavior depends
    on individual TPM manufacturer. For TPM 2.0, the specification states that the TPM will enter lockout after 32 incorrect attempts.

To terminate this BitLocker recovery loop, you need to suspend BitLocker within WinRE, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1:

1. Choose the “Skip this drive” link at the bottom of the page where you are asked to enter the recovery key. You should be presented with a menu that will let you get to a command prompt (The sequence is Advanced
      options -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Command prompt).
    2. Once you have a command prompt,
      use the following command to check the BitLocker status of the C: drive:
      manage-bde -status c:

3. If the status is returned as locked, you’ll need to use the following command to unlock it using your recovery password:
      manage-bde -unlock c: -rp <your 48-digit recovery password>
    4. Once the drive is unlocked you'll need to use the following command to suspend protection:
      manage-bde -protectors -disable c:
    5. Then exit and reboot. The computer should now successfully boot Windows. Once there, use the BitLocker control panel to resume BitLocker protection.
    6. You can reset TPM lockout using
      tpm.msc
    Note: The recovery loop can occur for other reasons such as cases where TPM is disabled or malfunctions. You can still use the above steps to suspend BitLocker and boot Windows in such cases

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Too many PIN entry attempts BitLocker error in Windows 10

Jeraldine Ase, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Too many PIN entry attempts BitLocker error in Windows 10

1. Too many PIN entry attempts BitLocker error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Too many PIN

2. How to change laptop pin after too many attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change laptop pin after too many attempts: How do I change the PIN on my laptop after too many attempts. Just says restart device - gives me the code A1B2C3 and when I enter that it goes back to restart device....
  3. How to change laptop pin after too many attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change laptop pin after too many attempts: How do I change the PIN on my laptop after too many attempts. Just says restart device - gives me the code A1B2C3 and when I enter that it goes back to restart device....
  4. Too Many attempts on PC Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too Many attempts on PC Pin: HiI changed my home pc Pin several weeks ago and since then every time I launch my PC it says that I have entered.my pc too many times and I am locked out for 5 minutes.Any idea why this is happening and anyway to fix it.Thanks...
  5. Too Many attempts on PC Pin

Too Many attempts on PC Pin: HiI changed my home pc Pin several weeks ago and since then every time I launch my PC it says that I have entered.my pc too many times and I am locked out for 5 minutes.Any idea why this is happening and anyway to fix it.Thanks...
  6. Too many failed log in attempts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed log in attempts?: I repeatedly get the ‘too many unsuccessful log in attempts’ every single time that I power up and put in my password. I know my password and I know I’m putting it in correctly. I have to wait 2 hours to try again, however the laptop keeps going in to the power saving mode...
  7. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it: Hi,I messed up the bitlocker pin, and when I typed in the right one it said "too many pin entry attempts, to reboot and try again press enter". So I did that, and whenever I enter the correct pin it says the same. I don't have the recovery key, because it's a corporate...
  8. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it: Hi,I messed up the bitlocker pin, and when I typed in the right one it said "too many pin entry attempts, to reboot and try again press enter". So I did that, and whenever I enter the correct pin it says the same. I don't have the recovery key, because it's a corporate...
  9. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin: Got a Surface 7 for my wife. Added my account add tried to setup hello. I got to pin creation. And believe i did set one up. I forgot it and tried it when offline. But it didn’t work. Tried fixing it while back online but gave too many failed attempts and that it was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. too many pin attempts

2. BitLocker too many attempts wait

3. can bitlocker recovery key be tried infinite times?