Windows 10: Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

Discus and support Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi thereI'm reparing my Asus laptop since I cannot do it with the Reset this PC option it keeps looping when installing, so I created a USB bootable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fabio Monte, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

Hi thereI'm reparing my Asus laptop since I cannot do it with the Reset this PC option it keeps looping when installing, so I created a USB bootable drive and when I'm at the "Where do you want to install Windows" I see multiple recovery partitions, as you can see from the screenshotIs it safe to delete all those Recovery partitions?

:)

Fabio Monte, Sep 16, 2022
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10 partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Sep 16, 2022
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Rexter Win User

Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

1. Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Too many recovery

2. Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10: Hi thereI'm reparing my Asus laptop since I cannot do it with the Reset this PC option it keeps looping when installing, so I created a USB bootable drive and when I'm at the "Where do you want to install Windows" I see multiple recovery partitions, as you can see from the...
  3. Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10: Hi thereI'm reparing my Asus laptop since I cannot do it with the Reset this PC option it keeps looping when installing, so I created a USB bootable drive and when I'm at the "Where do you want to install Windows" I see multiple recovery partitions, as you can see from the...
  4. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  5. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  6. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Too many disk partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many disk partitions: My dell laptop has only one disk Disk 0 with 1862.89 GB of available space. It came with windows 10 version 1809. At first it had one 650MB EFI System Partition, C drive, OEM partition in the same order as seen in Disk Management. I made two more partitions D and E to...
  8. too many partitions on disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many partitions on disk: My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0. It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi) Partition 1 -:/ 300 MB healthy (recovery partition) Partition 2 -:/ 260 MB healthy (EFI system partition) Partition 3 f:/ 6.35GB healthy...
  9. Custom Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom Recovery Partition: Hello, I have a fresh intalled Win-10 NVMe P50 with all necessary drivers etc. All factory partitions were deleted before installing Win-10. Was wondering how to create a Recovery Partition that would work like Lenovo factory system does when one restores system to...
  10. Too many Recovery Partitions???

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many Recovery Partitions???: Does this look odd to anyone? Should I have this many partitions? Especially 3 Recovery Partitions......can I get rid of them and how do I know which one and do it safely? *Sleepy 78988