Windows 10: Too many recovery partitions

Discus and support Too many recovery partitions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GlenBodie, Mar 19, 2022.

1. GlenBodie Win User

Too many recovery partitions

I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0. Here is my current partition mapToo many recovery partitions :Disk 0 Ptn 1 EFI 300 Mb Ptn 2 Recovery 1 600 Mb Ptn 3 C: BootOS 278 Gb Pth 4 Unused ??? Ptn 5 Recovery 2 829 Mb Ptn 6 D: Data1 398 Gb Ptn 7 Recovery 3 20 Gb Disk 1 Ptn 1 E: Data2 698 GbI do NOT want to lose the contents of C: but the other 2 data drives can be wiped. I s

:)

GlenBodie, Mar 19, 2022
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Mar 19, 2022
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Too many recovery partitions :)

RyoTakagi, Mar 19, 2022
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Mar 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Too many recovery partitions - Similar Threads - Too many recovery

2. Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10: Hi thereI'm reparing my Asus laptop since I cannot do it with the Reset this PC option it keeps looping when installing, so I created a USB bootable drive and when I'm at the "Where do you want to install Windows" I see multiple recovery partitions, as you can see from the...
  3. Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10: Hi thereI'm reparing my Asus laptop since I cannot do it with the Reset this PC option it keeps looping when installing, so I created a USB bootable drive and when I'm at the "Where do you want to install Windows" I see multiple recovery partitions, as you can see from the...
  4. Too many recovery partitions when custom installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  6. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  7. Too many disk partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many disk partitions: My dell laptop has only one disk Disk 0 with 1862.89 GB of available space. It came with windows 10 version 1809. At first it had one 650MB EFI System Partition, C drive, OEM partition in the same order as seen in Disk Management. I made two more partitions D and E to...
  8. too many partitions on disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many partitions on disk: My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0. It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi) Partition 1 -:/ 300 MB healthy (recovery partition) Partition 2 -:/ 260 MB healthy (EFI system partition) Partition 3 f:/ 6.35GB healthy...
  9. Too many (100% Free) recovery partitions can't delete any

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many (100% Free) recovery partitions can't delete any: [img] I run a win7/10(32/64bit) dual boot system with all personal data and install.exe onseparate partition from OS. About 6 months ago I bought this PC second hand. I like to have a factory reset option on my PCs, Especially if I think I might sell it at a later date....
  10. Too many Recovery Partitions???

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many Recovery Partitions???: Does this look odd to anyone? Should I have this many partitions? Especially 3 Recovery Partitions......can I get rid of them and how do I know which one and do it safely? *Sleepy 78988