Windows 10: too many user accounts

Discus and support too many user accounts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonnaGreer, Sep 24, 2018.

1. too many user accounts

For some reason, I have files THIS PC, and I have files in DONNAKAY, that opens dgreer2383, then dgreer2383 and then I see other files. I also have a drive that says, Donna. I need to change these all to my computer name of DONNAKAY. This problem is duplicating documents, putting items in the incorrect location. It also will not allow my google drive to sync to my computer from my phone. Please help. Tell me how to make all my files go to one location.

:)

DonnaGreer, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Sep 24, 2018
  4. too many user accounts

Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

too many user accounts

1. too many user accounts - Similar Threads - too many user

2. I have too many users and accounts and no storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have too many users and accounts and no storage space: a lot of the storage is consumed by media, but also because my hard drive was duplicated several times. I have my recovery key, can I reset my laptop and start from scratch?Or will recovery key bring all the data and accounts I tried to get rid of?...
  3. I have too many users and accounts and no storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have too many users and accounts and no storage space: a lot of the storage is consumed by media, but also because my hard drive was duplicated several times. I have my recovery key, can I reset my laptop and start from scratch?Or will recovery key bring all the data and accounts I tried to get rid of?...
  4. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  5. too many user accounts

too many user accounts: one user on my pc why do i need a default account and a public account and a all users accountand a default account and a default users account and then my account. i dont want all this **** on here i dont want an admistrator acount all i want is my account on my pc. i want...
  6. too many user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Too many folders in C:/Users folder.

Too many folders in C:/Users folder.: Hi,I have too many folders in c:/ users than no.of users.Only 1 user, that is the adminstratior.Can I delete everything, leaving only my user folder?The one that is covered by red color is my SQL SERVER Name, whereas the black highlighted was my Admin User.SO CAN I DELETE...
  8. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.: My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice appeared in Windows Update saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1930.The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way....
  9. Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Help Desk Left Me With Too Many User accounts.: My laptop, with Windows 10, is 17 months old and for some reason, was still on v1803 which was installed in July 2018. A couple of months ago, a notice appeared in Windows Update saying "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1930.The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way....
  10. Too many devices in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many devices in Microsoft Account: I've noticed several posts here in this forum about changing the Microsoft Account password so I took a look at my account and found something strange. The screen shot shows 3 devices, all the same, plus1 one Win device that I have no idea what it is. [img] My...