Windows 10: Too much bass

Discus and support Too much bass in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dearelliot, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Too much bass

Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted

:)

dearelliot, Aug 28, 2020
  2. NikJames Win User

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Realtek) - No bass/sub-woofer

• Speaker Setup plays all speakers fine
    • Applications do not play any bass through subwoofer (or really, at all)
    • Custom built PC using Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard onboard audio.
    • Windows 10 fresh install
    • Tried latest driver from Gigabyte, Realtek, and Microsoft
    • Windows "default" driver does play bass through sub-woofer, but audio stutters and is quiet.

Not sure what else is relevant to mention; I've tried following various posts with suggestions to fix this, with no success. I've been at this for quite a few hours and am very frustrated.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or suggestions on how to resolve

NikJames, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Larry Win User
    Larry, Aug 28, 2020
  4. mow1469 Win User

Too much bass

No bass in surround

Okay I will mark this as solved as I have fixed my issue. Here is what I did:

• After trying all the common suggestions about drivers and such, I had no luck
    • On a whim, I bought a sound card and hooked it up via the optical cable.
    • I also changed the speaker settings on my receiver from Large to Small.
    • I removed all sound drivers other than those for my sound card (Soundblaster ZX)

I now have bass in surorund sound. I also have it set to 5.1 in Windows and have checked all speakers with a surround sound audio file I downloaded.

My guess is that the driver coming off of the Nvidia card is only in 2.1 and it just can't decode/send the right sounds to the receiver over HDMI.

At any rate, hopefully this will help someone else.

mow1469, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Too much bass

1. Too much bass - Similar Threads - Too much bass

2. Too much music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  3. Too much music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  4. Too much music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  6. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  7. Realtek to much bass and bad sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek to much bass and bad sound?: Hello there. I'm using asus rog g751j windows pro .... i had amazing sound, but for some reason i unistalled from my manager the sound driver, and installed it back but there was no Sound. The drivers from 2019 does not work for me. I needed to install Realtek drivers so i...
  8. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  9. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  10. Too much contact?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much contact?: Is it just me, or does it seem like Microsoft has far too many automatic contacts. My wife gets an email every day telling her to change the name of a file that doesn't exist. Every few hours I get a pop up telling me there are issues with my new password. I only changed my...