Windows 10: Too much data consumption by the windows system

Discus and support Too much data consumption by the windows system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am a user of windows 10 pro and I want help regarding the issue . Already I get less internet speed at my home out of which a major part is being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DotingHurdle708, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Too much data consumption by the windows system

I am a user of windows 10 pro and I want help regarding the issue . Already I get less internet speed at my home out of which a major part is being used up by the windows system. The system consumes a lot of internet speed and as a result I face a lot of problems in browsing the web through my PC . I even wasn't able to load this page from my PC and finally after waiting for nearly half an hour I gave up and am using my father's phone to raise this issue . I understand that the system requires internet for various updates and other tasks but I also have to browse . Atleast the speed must be equally distributed amongst the system and the browser. I was shocked to see (from the task.manager) that my browser was allotted only 0.1 mbps speed when my PC received an average speed of 6.5 mbps . Isn't that so unfair? I also noticed that most of the speed was being used up by a process named "Service host : Local System"(ie 6.3 mbps ) . Atleast 50 % of the total speed must be provided to the browser. With the 50%remaining speed the system must carry out its background processess. Is there a setting which can be used to prevent the process from using up soo much speed temporarily. As soon as my browsing is over I can allow the process to use the internet speed without any of my interruption as i do some other tasks on my PC. Please notify me if such a setting is available or if not it would be very kind of you to provide an update regarding the issue.THANKS IN ADVANCE . HOPE A POSITIVE RESPONSE.

:)

DotingHurdle708, Jan 26, 2019

2. data consumption in windows 10

on data usage option details are listed like the below one,but how could stop that system consumption.

Too much data consumption by the windows system 980d0c02-055f-4ee5-aa0c-a9a13c70df5b.png

RagupathiRagu, Jan 26, 2019
  3. data consumption in windows 10

its the system that swallows my data

Aquinas MikkiM C, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Too much data consumption by the windows system

data consumption in windows 10

Hi,

There are several causes of high data usage on your network. It depends on the applications or software used that requires network connection. For you to check the data consumption or data usage on your PC, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type data usage overview.
    • Select Data usage overview from the list.
    • Under Overview, click on Usage details.

To address your concern with auto update options, can you tell us what particular updates are installed automatically on your computer?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Too much data consumption by the windows system

1. Too much data consumption by the windows system - Similar Threads - Too much data

2. Too much power consumption in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much power consumption in modern standby: My laptop supports Modern Standby. The only drawback is it consumes too much power. Everything is fine in energy report. Nohwdrips.c10.unknown is active all the time. Modern standby is a very good feature. I dont want to lose it. What i have tried is 1. tried recovery but it...
  3. windows 10 system using too much data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 system using too much data: Hi microsoft Team, My laptop is using too much data. in data usage scrion mentioned that system is using that , please help me how to restric the data. Thanks Guru...
  4. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....
  5. Data consumption

Data consumption: When I connect my pc to Internet data is consumed more than I use,within an hour my data is getting empty,I think this is because of the update but the thing is I did pause all the updates. [IMG]...
  6. Too much data consumption

Too much data consumption: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data. I have tried setting the wifi as metered connection, turning off background apps. But nothing worked. When i check my data usage, i found that "system" Is consuming the whole data. Please help me with this problem..........
  7. System using too much data.

System using too much data.: I recently bought a windows 10 laptop. I am experiencing high data usage by the "system", which I learnt when I checked the data usage details. But currently I am using the system only for browsing. I have a daily data limit of 1 gb so it is becoming very hard to manage my...
  8. System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data

System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data: Hello. I was just wondering if there are ways to reduce how my PC system's using data. I'm on a tight data plan so help is very much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-data-usage-sucks-too-much-data/4ae12313-6c5b-4361-8294-c1e4c8ae37b9
  9. "SYSTEM" taking too much of my mobile data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "SYSTEM" taking too much of my mobile data: Good day! From the very first time I used my wifi hotspot, I wondered why my data shared to my laptop is high when i was only using my email. The high usage of data is not equal to my online activity. It is too much! I checked the data usage which app is doing that and it...
  10. my window 10 system is using too much data on wifi.

my window 10 system is using too much data on wifi.: hii my windows 10 system is using too much data. my daily plan is just getting finished in 1 hr of wifi usage. have tried to restrict data by restricting back ground data usage. still no change need your guidelines to restrict data usage on windows 10 laptop the system...