Windows 10: Too much data usage on my hotspot

Discus and support Too much data usage on my hotspot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to I stop something from downloading on my computer. I have already set up metered usage for downloads. Right after I used a website to listen to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mike_67AK, Nov 4, 2019.

1. mike_67AK Win User

Too much data usage on my hotspot

How to I stop something from downloading on my computer. I have already set up metered usage for downloads. Right after I used a website to listen to a song I noticed my gig usage shot up and 2 days later right after I started my PC my data usage used 2 gigs. I checked my windows updates and nothing there has downloaded. I have a Verizon Jetpack hotspot. Please help I only have 5 gigs and I've already used 4.5.

:)

mike_67AK, Nov 4, 2019

2. Data Usage In Hotspot

Click Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Data usage

Click in the list box for 'Show settings for'

Choose the connection

Click View usage per app

That should show you data usage for a particular mobile hotspot connection.

Andre for Directly, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Data Usage In Hotspot

How to find the data usage of the connected device in windows 10 hotspot.

velmanikandanmurugan, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Too much data usage on my hotspot

Data Usage

Well not sure what to make of it. The Windows updates are big but not +150GB / month big.

If you open task manager, click on Network tab, sort by usage, most usage at top, does anything stand out.

Is your bitdefender new (ish). My Norton offers to make backups in the cloud, again though this is a lot of data.

Is your computer set up such that others can get to internet through your machine, like a hotspot.

See if you get lucky and find the activity is task manager.

Maybe another member following this thread can suggest a sysinternals tools.

Caledon Ken, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Too much data usage on my hotspot

1. Too much data usage on my hotspot - Similar Threads - Too much data

2. Too much background data usage while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too much background data usage while gaming: windows is the worst os ever. If had a choice for other OS with game support i will use that. everything aside window not letting me play a single online game by using all the background data. I have set the connection as metered. disables DVR with regedit, stopped background...
  3. Too much background data usage while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much background data usage while gaming: windows is the worst os ever. If had a choice for other OS with game support i will use that. everything aside window not letting me play a single online game by using all the background data. I have set the connection as metered. disables DVR with regedit, stopped background...
  4. Too much memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much memory usage: I have 16 GB of memory, but something is using over 60% of it. [ATTACH] What is causing this? I tried doing sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. What is causing this?...
  5. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  6. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  7. Too much data consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much data consumption: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data. I have tried setting the wifi as metered connection, turning off background apps. But nothing worked. When i check my data usage, i found that "system" Is consuming the whole data. Please help me with this problem..........
  8. Too much CPU Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too much CPU Usage: Sir/Madam , I am Using Windows 7 SP1 64 bitPentium D, 2GB RAM.Recently i have noticed in task manager, that a process called nscpuminer64 is using much cpu usage,sometimes utilizing entire RAM.Few days ago my thermal paste of processor got dried and CPU didn't started which I...
  9. System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data

System Data Usage Sucks Too Much Data: Hello. I was just wondering if there are ways to reduce how my PC system's using data. I'm on a tight data plan so help is very much appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-data-usage-sucks-too-much-data/4ae12313-6c5b-4361-8294-c1e4c8ae37b9
  10. Data Usage In Hotspot

Data Usage In Hotspot: How to find the data usage of the connected device in windows 10 hotspot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-in-hotspot/3eff4136-a882-4bc1-afcc-07c254deb72f