Windows 10: Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar

Discus and support Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This just started a day or so ago and I don't know why. Before, when I hovered the mouse over a folder icon in the taskbar it would just show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trh4444, Aug 18, 2020.

1. trh4444 Win User

Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar

Hi,

This just started a day or so ago and I don't know why. Before, when I hovered the mouse over a folder icon in the taskbar it would just show the name of the folder. For example "Europe summer 2018" or "The Rocky Mountains winter 2017." So all I had to do was hover over the folder icons and I could easily distinguish between folders. But now when I hover, it shows something like "C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Europe summer 2018." So basically all I can see is the "C:/Users/Admin/Documents" and can't distinguish folders by hovering over them. I was wondering how to fix that. Thanks.

:)

trh4444, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Hi albertschmaedick,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, could you please provide me some more information, so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen when you’re accessing the website or it happens with all the Windows?
    2. Do you use Touchpad mouse or Regular mouse on your PC?

However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Click on Windows key +
      R button and type Control panel
    2. Click on Ease of Access
    3. Then click on Activate Windows by hovering over it with the mouse
    4. Then click Apply and
      OK.
    We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    How do I move the taskbar icons back to the left?

Hi,

Kindly follow these steps to return the icons on the left side of the Taskbar:

• Right click on the empty Taskbar and uncheck Lock all taskbars.
    • Right click again on empty Taskbar and hover the mouse on Toolbar.
    • Click New folder.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar

1. Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar - Similar Threads - Too much information

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. Pop-up information when hovering over pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up information when hovering over pictures: Is there a way to choose what information shows when I hover over pictures? I don't need to see "Date Taken" or "Availability Status" but I do need to know "Dimensions." It seems different picture folders display different information....
  4. Pop-up information when hovering over pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up information when hovering over pictures: Is there a way to choose what information shows when I hover over pictures? I don't need to see "Date Taken" or "Availability Status" but I do need to know "Dimensions." It seems different picture folders display different information....
  5. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  6. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  7. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  9. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  10. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/