Windows 10: Too much memory usage?

Discus and support Too much memory usage? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rockfan13, Dec 1, 2020.

1. rockfan13 Win User

Too much memory usage?

I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm using too much memory or what?

:)

rockfan13, Dec 1, 2020

2. Runaway memory usage

On your suggestion I went to uninstall AVG. It offered to go into an on-demand mode (I can't remember the word it used to describe).
    So I tried that instead of uninstalling. Upon reboot everything seemed unchanged. High CPU usage, memory growth, no good.

So I ran the uninstall. This moved along step by step ... until the last step (titled: replacing files) never completed. It left behind a bunch of its stuff in Program Files:
    Code:
    So I have a bunch of leftover crap ... which I'll probably just delete.

Anyway, after rebooting it seems that all is well. CPU usage is near zero. The fans are quiet. (Computer fans, not football fans!) *chuckle

Thanks for the quick reply.

margrave55, Dec 1, 2020
  3. 100% Memory usage

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if this helps.

You need to increase the virtual memory by making it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive
    in each drive.

To do this, follow the steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings.

3. Under Performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Too much memory usage?

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Too much memory usage?

1. Too much memory usage? - Similar Threads - Too much memory

2. Too much memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much memory usage on idle: On Idle, and no apps in the background, my laptop is using 25 percent approx, memory. I have 12 gigs of RAM out of which 3 GB of my ram is utilized by other windows services, most of all by Anti-Malware Service Executable... when i play games with discord in background, it...
  3. Too much memory usage on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too much memory usage on idle: On Idle, and no apps in the background, my laptop is using 25 percent approx, memory. I have 12 gigs of RAM out of which 3 GB of my ram is utilized by other windows services, most of all by Anti-Malware Service Executable... when i play games with discord in background, it...
  4. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  5. too much memory usage slowing down laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too much memory usage slowing down laptop.: Dear hello everybody,I am using lenovo laptop model Ideapad s145 with ryzen 3 radeon graphic card and 4 gb of memory. and 1tb hdd. my hdd is almost empty upto 850 gbIt was working fine but after updating windows 11 its works as tortoise. Many times hanging and no speed.when i...
  6. Too much memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much memory usage: I have 16 GB of memory, but something is using over 60% of it. [ATTACH] What is causing this? I tried doing sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. What is causing this?...
  7. Too much memory usage?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much memory usage?: I've been noticing Chrome discarding tabs lately which is something that I haven't seen since I had my Windows 7 computer over six years ago. And I'm only using about 61 percent memory. And I've used more memory but didn't have that happen. What's happening? Is it because I'm...
  8. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  9. Too much CPU Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too much CPU Usage: Sir/Madam , I am Using Windows 7 SP1 64 bitPentium D, 2GB RAM.Recently i have noticed in task manager, that a process called nscpuminer64 is using much cpu usage,sometimes utilizing entire RAM.Few days ago my thermal paste of processor got dried and CPU didn't started which I...
  10. my pc taking too much memory and disk usage always.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc taking too much memory and disk usage always.: [ATTACH] as above image shows clearly about the health of my pc. this task manager shows lumpsum 70 background process and 82 windows processes which make my pc very slow. this occurs after upgrading windows 8 to windows10. any application which I run taking too much memory...