Windows 10: Too much music

Discus and support Too much music in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cheyanne Spence, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Too much music

My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive?

:)

Cheyanne Spence, Sep 12, 2022

2. Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 12, 2022
  3. how to disable MUSIC search

Hi WebbyLigth0. I launched processexplorer from Sysinternals and it listed MUSIC taking about 18-20 percents CPU. I tried paulsalter's suggestion and I shall see whether there will be any effect. Thx for reply

Roman Krejci, Sep 12, 2022
  4. Too much music

Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 12, 2022
Thema:

Too much music

1. Too much music - Similar Threads - Too much music

2. Too much music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  3. Too much music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  4. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  5. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  6. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  7. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  8. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  9. Too much contact?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much contact?: Is it just me, or does it seem like Microsoft has far too many automatic contacts. My wife gets an email every day telling her to change the name of a file that doesn't exist. Every few hours I get a pop up telling me there are issues with my new password. I only changed my...
  10. Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and...: Firstly I will revise my subject line to ......."Is it too much to expect, bearing in mind that consumers were forced into using an operating system without the option of choice, that the said system will function flawlessly?" Ok my reason for this post is a last ditch...