Windows 10: Too much power consumption in modern standby

Discus and support Too much power consumption in modern standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop supports Modern Standby. The only drawback is it consumes too much power. Everything is fine in energy report. Nohwdrips.c10.unknown is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nikhil., Mar 14, 2021.

1. Nikhil. Win User

Too much power consumption in modern standby

My laptop supports Modern Standby. The only drawback is it consumes too much power. Everything is fine in energy report. Nohwdrips.c10.unknown is active all the time. Modern standby is a very good feature. I dont want to lose it. What i have tried is

1. tried recovery but it wont helped.

2. Troubleshoot power but not helped.

3. Always disconnect external device and turn on airplane mode but not helped

4. Many more

The only thing turned on is nohwdrips.c10.unknown 99% of the time.

Too much power consumption in modern standby 774756a7-36a6-43f7-afbe-b0b758fd8eb7?upload=true.png What Should i do next??

:)

Nikhil., Mar 14, 2021

2. Is there any OS function that let us check system is going to enter modern standby?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows 10 Modern Standby (Modern Standby) expands the Windows 8.1 Connected Standby power model. Connected Standby, and consequently Modern Standby, enable an instant on / instant off user experience, similar to smartphone power models. Just like
    the phone, the S0 low power idle model enables the system to stay up-to-date whenever a suitable network is available.

We would suggest you to refer these articles for additional information:

What is Modern Standby?

Prepare software for modern standby

Modern standby SleepStudy

However, as you are into software development. Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    MSDN forums, where we have experts and support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge on Modern Standby to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Alex KM Win User
    Huge power consumption in hibernate...

I forgot to tell that I tried the power troubleshooter as well. More over, I got very negative impression about this troubleshooter. It only recommended to reduce the time before monitor turn off and before putting the device into a sleep. I suspect it
    does not even analyze the possible power drains when the device in the sleep/hibernate/standby mode.

My particular problem if you read my question again is the power consumption when the device is not active. I need a serious expert help somebody who understands how to analyze this problem on the low level. I'm sure it cannot be fixed with automatic
    troubleshooters, system scans and so on. It is something that most likely can only be fixed by direct registry editing of the setting which might affect power consumption or changing driver settings on the low level or even installing tools which would be
    able to change the windows core behavior in regards to sleep/hibernate/standby.

Ideally, I would like to find a tool which would give me a total control over sleep/hibernate/modern standby settings and would allow me to put the device into sleep mode, hibernate mode and modern standby mode.

Alex KM, Mar 14, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Can't enable Modern Standby

Some info on Modern Standby requirements.

"The number of systems capable of S0 low power idle model is increasing and more systems are expected to use the always on, instantly available power model instead of the traditional S3/S4 power model. The Modern Standby section outlines important changes, partner requirements, and best practices for enabling Modern Standby."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...modern-standby

f14tomcat, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Too much power consumption in modern standby - Similar Threads - Too much power

2. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  3. windows 11 modern standby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 modern standby: HiWe are working on scheduled recordings using modern standby on regular desktop Windows 11PC with live TV Tuners. We use UWP notifications to wake from S0i3. The problem is that sometimes Windows wakes up and goes back to sleep in 30 seconds so our scheduled recordings are...
  4. S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    S0 Low Power Idle (Modern Standby) and wake from sleep: Powercfg /a tells that the only supported sleep state is S0 Low Power Idle. That is a very confusing thing, I could not find satisfactory information by googling. Is that sleep state supposed to arm keyboard/mouse wakeup the exact same way than S3? I see that if I force S3...
  5. Too high system power consumption at idle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too high system power consumption at idle.: Hi! My system consumes way too much power at Idle. I have a power meter on the socket and it shows ~115-130W at idle. The system is pretty complex, so higher consumption is expected, but it's way to much for Idle. The GPU Power at Idle ~17W (RTX3070, no fans, it's water...
  6. No Power Management tab on device manager with Modern Standby system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Power Management tab on device manager with Modern Standby system: Hi, I change my laptop BIOS setting to support Modern Standby but I just found I can't find "Power Management" tab from Device Manager on Wireless and Bluetooth device. Is it normal behavior for Modern Standby? Because I can find "Power Management" tab when I disable Modern...
  7. Too much data consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much data consumption: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data. I have tried setting the wifi as metered connection, turning off background apps. But nothing worked. When i check my data usage, i found that "system" Is consuming the whole data. Please help me with this problem..........
  8. Too much data consumption by the windows system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too much data consumption by the windows system: I am a user of windows 10 pro and I want help regarding the issue . Already I get less internet speed at my home out of which a major part is being used up by the windows system. The system consumes a lot of internet speed and as a result I face a lot of problems in browsing...
  9. No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option for "disconnected standby" anymore on modern standby device: I can't find any information about this, but did MS, for whatever reason, remove the toggle option on the WiFi settings to turn off WiFi during modern standby? The option isn't available anymore for my laptop. I am speaking about this option: https://i.imgur.com/jD6odQx.png...
  10. How to find out, why connected standby drains too much power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to find out, why connected standby drains too much power: I have this issue on a lot of my tablets, my friends have this issue too, so I don't know, why it's so hard to address this problem and why MS doesn't do anything about it. It was already a problem with Windows 8. It's really easy, to "mess things up", so that Windows wont...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. modern standby vs s3 power cobsumption

2. modern standby s3 power consumption