Windows 10: Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

Discus and support Too much RAM taking up, for no reason. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Well Since a few days, my RAM has always been at 60% or more, even when I just start my computer, at the starting, only RAM always displays 60% or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aditya PrasadNT, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

Well Since a few days, my RAM has always been at 60% or more, even when I just start my computer, at the starting, only RAM always displays 60% or sometimes even more with no apps even being opened.
    I have a few apps installed only, which are the Basic apps Windows 10 defaults like photo's, file explorer, mail, camera etc. and 5 - 6 apps installed by me.
    I have checked everything, useless files and apps which I didn't even found, startup items, I even checked in task manager, I didn't even found a single non-required app that was taking up my RAM, all were either by Microsoft Windows, my Antivirus Avast , and all important processes tasks.

This started happening since last 1 week.

Please if anyone knows the solution for it.

I have 4GB RAM, DDR4 DIMM type, Windows 10, Desktop PC.

:)

Aditya PrasadNT, Jul 20, 2020
  2. G.4
    G.4 Win User

Photos taking up too much RAM

I've notice like many others that the Windows Photos application is taking up way too much ram. So for those of you out having this problem like I have, I would suggest simply uninstalling the Photos application using CCleaner and then reinstalling the
    classic Windows Photo Viewer. The CCleaner app and the classic photo viewer can be found on sites like Browse Windows Software. Once you've downloaded CCleaner and uninstalled the Photos application you can then proceed to downloading the original
    Windows Photo viewer, it will literally be labeled Restore Windows Photo Viewer when searching for it on the site that I have recommended. I no longer have an immense amount of RAM being consumed after doing this. I hope this helps anyone who has this similar
    issue. For the record, I can not wrap my head around the idea of a photo application consuming that amount of resources. Especially when the application does not even having anything to w/keeping your OS running smooth and efficient. In fact, this problem
    contributes to making my computer work harder to maintain a certain level of efficiency and in turn has provoked a negative impact on the performance as a whole.In my opinion, I do not think that Windows thought this through and if they did it was not done
    thoroughly enough .

3. Page Table takes too much RAM.

Hi,

High RAM usage can be caused by various factors like a malware infection and corrupted device drivers. The first step in fixing Windows 10 high memory leakage would be performing a full scan. You may install an anti-malware tool like MalwareBytes and perform
    a scan. If the issue persists, we suggest that you adjust the page file size or virtual memory in Windows 10. Adjusting the page file size is known for regulating the disk usage and it dramatically improves Windows 10 performance for machines that are using
    SSD type of hard drive.

Here's how:

• In the search box, type Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Advanced tab and click Change... button in the
      Virtual memory section.
    • At the top, uncheck the box right next to the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option.
    • Select drive C: (or the drive where Windows 10 is installed).
    • Select Custom size: by ticking its radio button, and change the
      Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB) to the
      Recommended
      value that you will find just below the Total paging file size for all drivers section.

This method will help improve the system performance of Windows 10, and will gradually decrease the freeze issues.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

antimalware service taking up too much resources

lately i have noticed that microsofts antimalware service is taking up too much CPU and ram and makeing my laptop very hot (fans on high) and it stays like thata for the reminander of the usage until reboot on and off. itwas never like that before but it seems ti be doing this lately. and i have checked that windows defnder but it is not scanning so why is this doing that?

xdarkmario, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

1. Too much RAM taking up, for no reason. - Similar Threads - Too much RAM

2. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  3. second explorer process taking too much ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    second explorer process taking too much ram: I have a secondary explorer.exe process that's only showing when I sign in to my user account (not other accounts) that's taking 2.5GB of ram, I tried ending the process tree but it keeps restarting everytime. I used malwarebytes and ccleaner but I still have the issue. I...
  4. DWM.exe taking too much RAM

DWM.exe taking too much RAM: few days ago, i post "desktop windows manager taking too much RAM" and i fixed the problem by updating my drivers using support assist. few days later, today DWM.exe start to taking lots of RAM again. i dont know whats the problem, i updated all windows version, updated...
  5. desktop window manager taking too much RAM

desktop window manager taking too much RAM: my dwm is taking 2 gb of my ram and it keeps going up gpu: intel uhd 620 graphics cpu: intel i5 8250u 1.6ghz [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-too-much-ram/fe41382c-5ed3-4f58-8274-6b1b020330e0
  6. Desktop Window Manager Taking up too much RAM

Desktop Window Manager Taking up too much RAM: Every time I check task manager Desktop Window Manager us using up 20% of my memory I have 8gb How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-up-too-much-ram/8b397e1f-29fd-4ac0-952c-a85697afa022
  7. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  8. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  9. Service host taking too much ram

Service host taking too much ram: How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-taking-too-much-ram/aa6f3e12-641d-4daf-9bc3-43d47487d72a
  10. Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

Windows Photos takes too much RAM !: Hello ! I am having problem with Windows Photos. First when I open two images and minimize them, the RAM Usage starts to grow each 10 seconds. So for 10 minutes it goes from 200MB to 10GB and my PC Becomes unusable even when I have 64GB, untill I kill the process. This is...