Windows 10: too much shared memory with the gpu

Discus and support too much shared memory with the gpu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my rig to 24 GB of RAM and I noticed windows increased the amount of shared memory for my gtx 1060 3 GB card. Bad enough the swap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HARDCORE GAMES™, Mar 12, 2019.

1. too much shared memory with the gpu

I recently upgraded my rig to 24 GB of RAM and I noticed windows increased the amount of shared memory for my gtx 1060 3 GB card.

Bad enough the swap file eats up more of my SSD but this seems to be excessive at allocating 12 GB of shared memory. That is 50% of all of the memory.

The RAM is for games and the VRAM is what games use.

:)

HARDCORE GAMES™, Mar 12, 2019
  2. And8717 Win User

System Shared Memory

Hi,

I have this issue:

I installed a new GPU on my PC (GeForce GTX 1050 Ti) and after that my System information has changed so..

Before:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB

After:

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.00 GB (7.95 GB usable)

Now I have 2 questions:

• is possible decrease or disable the Shared System Memory? (I can't from bios)
    • in my video card info the Shared System Memory amounts to 4070 MB where are the others 4 GB of my RAM..
      why only 7.95 GB usable an not 12 GB?

Thanks a lot

Andrea

And8717, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Cripplingly High GPU in Windows 10

Dave, the two processes apparently hogging all the GPU were desktop windows manager and client server runtime process.

However, when I list them now, after numerous reboots and reinstalls, no apps show up as consuming GPU, yet GPU is at 80-100%. I think this is because the apps are only consuming the 3D component of the GPU and not the others - copy, decode, processing or
    shared memory usage?

I've spent some time on Google and it seems to be a fairly common symptom but none of the suggested solutions are effective.

It doesn't seem to be linked to any significant changes, I even tried uninstalling the most recent windows updates.

Any thoughts?

Zorro Blade, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

too much shared memory with the gpu

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

too much shared memory with the gpu

1. too much shared memory with the gpu - Similar Threads - too much shared

2. Too Much Hardware Reserved Memory, Have Tried Several Fixes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too Much Hardware Reserved Memory, Have Tried Several Fixes: I am having issues with too much system reserved memory (currently 5.0gb system reserved with 3.0gb available). I am running 64x Windows on PCI Express 2.0 CFX X58 Pro. I have 2 identical 8gb sticks in. I have 2 identical 4 sticks as well (not installed). I have had all four...
  3. Too much less VRAM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much less VRAM...: [ATTACH]my total graphic memory is 1792 but vram is only 32.. how can I increase it ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-less-vram/3fa75ef7-bcb6-4282-b4db-51691ec705ec
  4. my pc taking too much memory and disk usage always.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc taking too much memory and disk usage always.: [ATTACH] as above image shows clearly about the health of my pc. this task manager shows lumpsum 70 background process and 82 windows processes which make my pc very slow. this occurs after upgrading windows 8 to windows10. any application which I run taking too much memory...
  5. I hate Win10 too much.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I hate Win10 too much.: Whenever i try to close my pc it shows this notification ''if you shut down now and any other people using this PC could lose unsaved work''. I HATE THIS THING, COZ I JUST UPDATED MY PC FROM WIN 7 PRO TO WIN 10 PRO... I tried to search on yt and in this community also...
  6. windows using too much ram

windows using too much ram: I have a desktop pc with this configuration: -CPU: i7-5820K -GPU: GTX-980 -RAM: 48GB after 2~3 day using the pc the Ram usage is at 80% what is absolutly not normal....
  7. Hardware-reserved memory is just too much!

Hardware-reserved memory is just too much!: Hey Microsoft. I've got an HP Compaq 6005 Pro Microtower PC with 8GB of RAM installed. Previously it used to show that 7.50 GB memory was usable. Now, however, it displays only 3.50 GB usable, which means that more than half of the memory is being wasted. Kindly give...
  8. Windows getting too much slower

Windows getting too much slower: Hello, Last week I updated to windows10 OS to version 1803. Since that day my windows getting too much slow. For startup it takes about 6min an average. After starting it causes the problem of 100% disk usage. I have reset my laptop from seetings menu. But still I am...
  9. My GPU is VERY HOT if i play too much ( a game)

in Windows 10 Customization
    My GPU is VERY HOT if i play too much ( a game): Hello , So , I have a 940mx gpu with 2gb on my lenovo laptop , and i made some settings in the nvidia control panel a few months ago . One of them was : power management mode , i set it to prefer maximum performance ( only while playing games , because my gpu is used by the...
  10. Memory How Much?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory How Much?: What is the common amount needed with today's systems? What is the point where your wasting money? I'm talking about Windows10 64 bit. See a lot of systems here are 16 Gig, but a few are 32 Gig. 39183