Windows 10: Too quiet microphone and audio problems

Discus and support Too quiet microphone and audio problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JarekKlary, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

Hello

Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my audio drivers, updated them, reinstalled older verions, upscaled microphone sensivity and all possible options in microphone setting and still it doesnt work. I tried using diffrent microphones but I have the same problem everywhere. When I had old motherboard I didnt have any problems.

Jarosław Klary

:)

JarekKlary, Mar 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Mar 16, 2021
  3. AndyC1989 Win User
    External microphone really quiet (Realtek HD Audio-Manager)

Hello,

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio-Manager. I bought a new headset a few days ago. It is working fine on the Playstation, tablet and on my mobile phone. However on my Notebook it is very quiet.

I plugged it in but the I think the Realtek HD Audio-Manager puts the internal microphone and my external microphone into one microphone array (well, that's what at least is showing in the system settings).

So even though I set every audio setting to maximum, the microphone is still very quiet. I also updated the drivers and reinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager.

Once when I deinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager and I tried the troubleshooting it somehow worked fine for a few seconds. But then it reinstalled Realtek HD-Audio-Manager automatically and the microphone was quiet once again.

AndyC1989, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

Microphone keeps going really quiet

I've had a problem for a few months now, where my microphone 'randomly' becomes really quiet for a reason i don't know. I first noticed the problem in discord, but its also been occurring with other applications so its not a Discord problem. it goes quiet
    for a random amount of time, before reverting back 2 normal, only for a few seconds, which makes it almost impossible to talk to people with.

I've tried a few things. Such as:

• Updating audio drivers from device manager.
    • Turned off all of the 'Exclusive Mode' options
    • boosting my microphone to try and counteract going quiet (didn't help)
    • buying a brand new headset. (The ARCTIS 3 - Arctis 3 Gaming Headset)
    if anyone can help, it would be very appreciated as its been bugging me for a while now. Thanks

(also, i'm using windows 10)

jack o'shaughnessy, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Too quiet microphone and audio problems

1. Too quiet microphone and audio problems - Similar Threads - Too quiet microphone

2. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  3. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  4. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  5. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  6. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  7. Microphone level too quiet.

Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  8. realtek array microphone too quiet

realtek array microphone too quiet: My internal microphone Realtek array microphone used to work really well and wasn't too quiet, but now it is really quiet like I am whispering and no one can barely hear me. I am running on windows 10 on the latest update and have the latest mic drivers installed. I've tried...
  9. Windows Audio Too Quiet

Windows Audio Too Quiet: This problem started a few months ago. All of a sudden, my audio got really quiet, even on the loudest settings I could bring it. I have searched countless websites for a solution, but nothing worked. At first, I could fix it by uninstalling my audio driver and restarting,...
  10. Microphone suddenly too quiet

Microphone suddenly too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and no dice. My mic works good on my phone. I told my dad about the issue and he...