Windows 10: too slow to rename folder

Discus and support too slow to rename folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm IT and today I got the issue which I want to rename folder on a client computer - it is very slow and sometime stuck, must restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KhangLe Vo Tan, Apr 3, 2020.

1. too slow to rename folder

Hi everyone,

I'm IT and today I got the issue which I want to rename folder on a client computer - it is very slow and sometime stuck, must restart explorer. It happens in network disks and local disks

I tried these ways below:

- turn on network and sharing center

- access Performance options and uncheck all option except show shadow, 2 smooths...

- Access System Configuration -> uncheck Load Startup system

But none of them can solve my case.

Please give me some ideas.

THanks,

Khang

:)

KhangLe Vo Tan, Apr 3, 2020

2. Renaming Folder Slow

i've tried the steps.. i didnt work... there's still the delay in renaming the folder

Thishanthneswaran Pillai, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Renaming Folder Slow

Hi I've tried all the steps and it didn't work the files that I rename has no delay at all but the folder renaming/deleting delay is exactly seconds long... please help

Thishanthneswaran Pillai, Apr 3, 2020
  4. too slow to rename folder

files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

too slow to rename folder

1. too slow to rename folder - Similar Threads - too slow rename

2. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  3. Renaming a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming a Folder: HelloI transferred a folder to Google Drive as a back up. It seems automatically the original folder was named as MobilMover.exe., and my original folder was made sub-folder! I am not sure what the folder name MobilMover.exe is doing? I tried to rename it but will not allow...
  4. Not able to rename folders and start icon not working too

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to rename folders and start icon not working too: Hi Team,Facing 2 issues.1 I'm not able to rename folders, getting the below exception. 2 Not able to type on "Search" field its not typeable Also, I could see the below error on update section. Please help to fix the issue....
  5. Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow

Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow: Hi I've been having a problem with a delay Renaming, Deleting, Moving folder which takes at least about 12 seconds this does not happen for files only for the folder. Also if I log into administrator profile and then do Renaming, Deleting, Moving of a folder it works...
  6. too long to create new folder or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too long to create new folder or rename folder: Microsoft - why does it take 30 to 90 seconds to create a new folder or rename it??? please assist us with this issue! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-long-to-create-new-folder-or-rename-folder/bf0c626d-5ab8-40a6-aa3e-d71a0efe47f4
  7. too slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    too slow: i dont understand my laptop is very slow I refreshed it several times nothing changed it is tooo slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/too-slow/99351137-db9b-497b-9930-f5cd3eaa2382
  8. Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is slow at creating, renaming and deleting folders: Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've came here hoping I could find a solution to my annoying problem. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1909 and for a few weeks, creating folders, renaming and deleting them takes quite a while to complete (around 10 seconds or so). I've...
  9. Renaming Folder Slow

Renaming Folder Slow: Hi I've been having a problem with a delay renaming a file/folder (which takes atleast about 12 seconds) No idea why... i've tried in safe mode and there's no delay at all could someone help me out with this issue? if i do a clean reboot does that means my projects and...
  10. renaming folders

renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...