Windows 10: Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now internet speed on that device only gets super...

Discus and support Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now internet speed on that device only gets super... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had no issues like this before today. I turned on my Razer laptop and updates installed for about an hour. When I loaded up my computer afterwards I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MattyRobo, Jan 26, 2022.

1. MattyRobo Win User

Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now internet speed on that device only gets super...

I had no issues like this before today. I turned on my Razer laptop and updates installed for about an hour. When I loaded up my computer afterwards I noticed at times my internet speeds would get so slow that youtube videos wouldn't load and google results would take 2-5 minutes just to appear onscreen. I used an Internet Speed Test and it said my internet speeds were totally normal despite dropping to nearly unusable speeds at times.All browsers on this device are affectedI tried the troubleshooting hints here and they did not help fix the situation: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo

:)

MattyRobo, Jan 26, 2022

2. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Wifi speed slow - 1/2 the speed of all other devices

Try closing the peer to peer upgrade process. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>Update & Security.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Choose How Updates are Delivered.
    • Toggle off the switch.

Also, kindly try booting your PC in safe mode and check if this allows you to utilize the full speed of your Internet connection. You can boot into safe mode by following the steps on this
    link.

Allan Mej, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now internet speed on that device only gets super...

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now internet speed on that device only gets super... - Similar Threads - Took large Update

2. Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now wifi speed on that device only gets super slow...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now wifi speed on that device only gets super slow...: I had no issues like this before today. I turned on my Razer laptop and updates installed for about an hour. When I loaded up my computer afterwards I noticed at times my internet speeds would get so slow that youtube videos wouldn't load and google results would take 2-5...
  3. Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now wifi speed on that device only gets super slow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now wifi speed on that device only gets super slow...: I had no issues like this before today. I turned on my Razer laptop and updates installed for about an hour. When I loaded up my computer afterwards I noticed at times my internet speeds would get so slow that youtube videos wouldn't load and google results would take 2-5...
  4. Took a large Windows Update on 1/26/22, now wifi speed on that device only gets super slow...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. *New* Cumulative Updates are Now Available for Windows 11 1/11/22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *New* Cumulative Updates are Now Available for Windows 11 1/11/22: Hello Everyone, As you probably already know, today 1/11/22 is patch Tuesday and here are the ones available for Windows 11. They are :The Cumulative Update KB5009566 will bring your build to Version 21h2 OS Build 22000.434 I Hope This Information Was helpful. If so, Please...
  6. *New* Cumulative Updates are Now Available for Windows 11 1/11/22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *New* Cumulative Updates are Now Available for Windows 11 1/11/22: Hello Everyone, As you probably already know, today 1/11/22 is patch Tuesday and here are the ones available for Windows 11. They are :The Cumulative Update KB5009566 will bring your build to Version 21h2 OS Build 22000.434 I Hope This Information Was helpful. If so, Please...
  7. Internet speeds of 1/4 the original speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet speeds of 1/4 the original speed: Hello, since last week I noticed a decrease in my internet speeds, the speed test shows the correct speed but when downloading from any source eg. Steam, Origin, Rockstar Launcher I get speeds of 3MBps instead of 10MBps, I formatted my computer and the issue persists, when I...
  8. Internet download speed is slow on only one device in house

Internet download speed is slow on only one device in house: Hello everyone, so 6 days ago we installed a new Fiber internet with a speed up to 100Mbps and so far its pretty good in all devices until yesterday I was downloading a game with a size of 65GB the download speed was steady at 11MB/s which is very good until suddenly the...
  9. super large icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    super large icons: restart my pc, because I installed a new program and now the desktop icons are super big, I don't know why this happened if someone can help me I will be grateful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/super-large-icons/ac773876-6c2f-4e81-a286-498b3397ba3b
  10. Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible

Super high speed internet but actual browser speed is terrible: My desktop has a external network card that connects at 520 mb, using comcast internet with a dl of 150 and ul of 30 I tried chrome and internet explorer and they both are quite laggy, my laptop works just fine The desktop is actually closer to the router than my laptop...