Windows 10: Took comp. for diagnosis...back, I can't open my files!!!

Discus and support Took comp. for diagnosis...back, I can't open my files!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Dell desktop; Chrome & Firefox browsers; Thunderbird & Gmail emails; Win10; now typing on a Lenovo laptop.] The man says all he did to diagnose it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adela, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Adela Win User

Took comp. for diagnosis...back, I can't open my files!!!

[Dell desktop; Chrome & Firefox browsers; Thunderbird & Gmail emails; Win10; now typing on a Lenovo laptop.]

The man says all he did to diagnose it, was to remove my HD put in his and put back my own HD. But at home I couldn't open any of the icons on the start page, some icons were all white and none opened, not even the start button. He offered to try to get all my files at $25 per hour for which I had to buy a HD extension, etc. - not even giving guarantee of saving my files!

However, on a corner of the screen it said my Windows is not activated, to go to settings to activate windows. There, they asked for the Windows 10 License Number. But I can't get into that page where it shows the number. I got Windows 7 with the purchase of my computer, and later Windows 10 installed itself but...is there any way I can get my License Number so I can retrieve all my files? Anyone please?

Thanks ever so much for any ideas!

:)

Adela, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 12, 2018
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Took comp. for diagnosis...back, I can't open my files!!! :)

jaydeee, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Took comp. for diagnosis...back, I can't open my files!!!

Notepad automatically opening when ABA file downloaded

Hi Fiona,

We suggest that you follow these steps to uncheck the Always open this type of file:

• Right click on an ABA file.
    • Hover your mouse cursor on Open with and select Choose another app.
    • Uncheck the Always open this type of file and click on
      OK
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Took comp. for diagnosis...back, I can't open my files!!!

1. Took comp. for diagnosis...back, I can't open my files!!! - Similar Threads - Took comp diagnosis

2. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back: This morning when I turned on my PC there was a ton of red X marks on my files- completely out of nowhere, not sure what I did. When I opened folders, the images in them wouldn't preview like they used to and also had red X marks. Googled it and found out it was OneDrive, and...
  3. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back: This morning when I turned on my PC there was a ton of red X marks on my files- completely out of nowhere, not sure what I did. When I opened folders, the images in them wouldn't preview like they used to and also had red X marks. Googled it and found out it was OneDrive, and...
  4. OneDrive took my files and I don't know how to get them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I can't open my photo file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open my photo file: hi everyone, last night want to open my picture file but unfortunately I can't open it. everytime I tried to click the -picture, the picture won't shows and the only one showing was pop up notification saying the location of the file and after that file system error with some...
  6. Took my administrative privileges on accident and now I can't get them back.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Took my administrative privileges on accident and now I can't get them back.: I have tried to reset windows completely, can't do it without admin permissions. The only account on the laptop is my current account. I've tried doing net user administrator /active:yes but just get "Access is denied". Can't use any administrator apps, can't partition my USB...
  7. BSOD Dump File Diagnosis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Dump File Diagnosis: Can someone help me diagnose what's causing me to have random BSODs after coming out of sleep? I have a recent MEMORY.DMP file. First time posting, let me know if I did something incorrect: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amda2RSyoMW9hC3rSBUDiYbsI8Og?e=iWBh9Z...
  8. The old laptop I took back .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The old laptop I took back .: I cannot get an old laptop off my devices I took it back and do not own it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-old-laptop-i-took-back/f5e0fe96-67c5-401c-9996-d2ff23b873c9
  9. How do I transfer my files from my windows 7 comp to my windows 10 comp?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer my files from my windows 7 comp to my windows 10 comp?: step by step help in transferring files on old 7 to new 10 * Moved from insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-files-from-my-windows-7-comp/ec60d22d-aff6-4a65-8d77-3122ae93d80b"
  10. Windows took my whole life and I can't get it back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows took my whole life and I can't get it back: I really don't have a question I just simply wanted to say that Windows 10 took 20 30 years of my life and erased it I followed all the instructions did this did that happened to anybody else...