Windows 10: Took my device off and account off family features but still getting restrictions.

Discus and support Took my device off and account off family features but still getting restrictions. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I took my device off and removed myself from the family. Yet I still cant access chrome or uninstall anything. I looked around for anything else that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mazmeld, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Mazmeld Win User

Took my device off and account off family features but still getting restrictions.

I took my device off and removed myself from the family. Yet I still cant access chrome or uninstall anything. I looked around for anything else that could be doing this and I couldn't find anything. When I click on chrome it gives me a pop up and asks me to ask permission by email. I click this but it gives me an error every time. How do I fix this?

:)

Mazmeld, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Family Features Being Weird

Hi Jack,

Failure to access some web pages when browsing may indicate a restriction set on your user settings. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are you getting any error messages? Attach a screenshot on your next post.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, you can turn off the restrictions of the family features by following the steps provided on this

link
    . Once you're done, restart your device and check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Took my device off and account off family features but still getting restrictions.

Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Took my device off and account off family features but still getting restrictions.

1. Took my device off and account off family features but still getting restrictions. - Similar Threads - Took device off

2. Family restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  3. Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions: Now I’m not sure how this has happened but I have the built-in administrator account active and it’s telling me that the time has run out as if it were a child account in a Microsoft family. I can’t imagine how it would have been added to a family without a microsoft account...
  4. Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age

Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age: Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message: [ATTACH] If I try to...
  5. How do I turn off microsoft family features?

How do I turn off microsoft family features?: Please help, I'm going insane. Ever since I added myself to a family group to fix my DOB, (i accidentally set my DOB to 2014) family features blocks my access to Itunes, inprivate browsing on edge and google chrome. And when I removed myself from the group, the problem...
  6. In the windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Customization
    In the windows features on or off: What features are not necessary for smoother and faster operation of windows 10 pro? I do not make web pages or use web publishing apps .I just use basic editing tools and photo editing tools,anyone have a setup that will come close to helping me?I do online gaming ....
  7. Restricted mode won't turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted mode won't turn off: Youtube's restricted mode keeps turning on by itself even after I've disabled it, and now I can't even turn it off at all. The button at the bottom of the page I'm being told to click isn't there and the button on the drop down bar on the side says that it's off - even though...
  8. Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Restrictions Still Persist After Removal of Child.: As the title reads, after the child has been removed from the Family, the restrictions still persist. If the child requests for more time, there is an error stating there is no Internet connection. Is there any way to completely remove these restrictions?...
  9. Turned off Password on Wake, but still get prompted

Turned off Password on Wake, but still get prompted: Hi all, I would like not to have to insert password every time I resume using my tablet after a few moments. I've switched this feature in the power settings, and even rebooted, but I still get prompted for a password upon waking the tablet. Anyone know how to solve this...
  10. Turned off action center, still getting popups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turned off action center, still getting popups?: Followed this, Action Center - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Action center is gone, but I am still getting "Turn on Windows Firewall" and other such popups that seem to originate from the action center? How do I turn these off as well? 61286

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family features still on even though left