Windows 10: Tool for automatically saving reports?

Discus and support Tool for automatically saving reports? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know of a way or a tool that can automatically generate and save windows log reports? preferbly to external devices? 5785 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PeaceDealer, May 1, 2015.

1. Tool for automatically saving reports?

Does anyone know of a way or a tool that can automatically generate and save windows log reports?
    preferbly to external devices?

:)

PeaceDealer, May 1, 2015

2. Snipping Tool

hello

is there a way to make the names of the screenshot i save in my folder (using Snipping Tool) to be automatically timestamps?

OrenSegall, May 1, 2015
  3. stef0707 Win User
    How to auto save a screenshot?

On my previous version of windows, if I FN + prt sc then the whole screenshot automatically saved to a folder I selected in my dropbox.

I have just got windows 10 and cannot figure out how to save a screenshot without having to paste and save in paint or using a snipping tool.

Am I able to do this automatically with windows 10?

stef0707, May 1, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Tool for automatically saving reports?

Go to Event Viewer and click Windows Logs, then click Open Save Log on the right and it will export the log to Documents or Desktop if you choose.
    Attachment 18198

Cliff S, May 1, 2015
  5. Problem is that I cant.
    There are issues with my PC (likely drivers) that corrupts system files over and over. Once the issue occurs I have to fully format the PC, thereby loosing the logs.

PeaceDealer, May 1, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Then export either to an external media or OneDrive. To automate it, you would need a script(maybe someone in the forums could help) and then create a task in Task Scheduler to execute it when & how often you want. Best would be to send it to a folder/file in documents , then if your using file history, you will have different copies of it(how many will depend you on FH settings).

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tool for automatically saving reports?

1. Tool for automatically saving reports? - Similar Threads - Tool automatically saving

2. Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...: I know an individual user can change the automatic saving of screenshots using Snipping Tool from on to off. However, can an organisation using MMDs change the settings so that it defaults to off for all users?...
  3. Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...: I know an individual user can change the automatic saving of screenshots using Snipping Tool from on to off. However, can an organisation using MMDs change the settings so that it defaults to off for all users?...
  4. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  5. Snipping Tool won't save

Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  6. snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder: its hard to save multiple screenshots from clipboard win+vplease make an option to automate this process to desired or dedicated folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-save-automatically-to/56387cac-d384-4374-b268-d7d9fa5a0603
  7. snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder

snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder: its hard to save multiple screenshots from clipboard win+vplease make an option to automate this process to desired or dedicated folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-save-automatically-to/56387cac-d384-4374-b268-d7d9fa5a0603
  8. Automatically saving from snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically saving from snipping tool: Is there any way to get this? I found a locked thread here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-screenshot-save-location/1ad3bb2a-9a0d-449a-a52a-7076f1508acf However, It seems like nobody actually seemed to...
  9. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...
  10. Software Reporter Tool. exe

Software Reporter Tool. exe: To my knowledge this subject has been around for several months with a few people asking the same question and never receiving a believable answer. Google suddenly downloaded "software_reporter_tool.exe" on a friends computer way back when and when he checked on what it was,...