Windows 10: Toolbar and Start Menu

Discus and support Toolbar and Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can't I put all apps, shortcuts, tools etc in the task bar or start menu easily and have nothing on the desktop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gillig 1111, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Toolbar and Start Menu

Why can't I put all apps, shortcuts, tools etc in the task bar or start menu easily and have nothing on the desktop?

:)

gillig 1111, Feb 7, 2022

2. Win10 start button and toolbar icons not responding

Hi Ariel,

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue with the start menu and toolbar on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if there is any conflict between the third party software's and start up menu on the computer or if the Windows Updates are not installed.

To assist you better, please provide the following information:

• What is the build of the Windows 10 that is installed in the PC?

• Is there any hardware or software changes prior to the issue?

• Are you using any third party software’s?

• As you said “Toolbar icons not responding”, which Toolbar icons exactly you refer? Please elaborate.
    Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install all Windows Update:

Kindly follow the steps to install Windows Update:

• Press Windows logo key +
      R.

• In the dialogue box, type “control update”.
    Follow the onscreen instruction.

Method 2: Start Menu troubleshooting:

Kindly visit the link mentioned below and follow the instructions:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Please get back to us with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Abhraneil Ghosh, Feb 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Feb 7, 2022
  4. Toolbar and Start Menu

problems with toolbar icons and start menu

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Clicking on the start menu icon (left click) does nothing, Right click brings up a simple function list or not.

You can try these steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type Powershell

• Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

• Close the Powershell window

• Reboot
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Toolbar and Start Menu

1. Toolbar and Start Menu - Similar Threads - Toolbar Start Menu

2. Toolbar no response menu for Wifi, bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toolbar no response menu for Wifi, bluetooth: Hi all,I've been bothered by the issue for a whole week.When I click the toolbar as the pic marked, the menu cannot pop up.I have no idea how can i troubleshoot the issue.Any help or suggestion would be appreciated!...
  3. Toolbar and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolbar and Start Menu: Why can't I put all apps, shortcuts, tools etc in the task bar or start menu easily and have nothing on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-and-start-menu/ac0c2a7f-3688-4153-9e6a-6d6c2e827263
  4. Menu toolbar in Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Menu toolbar in Outlook 365: A new installation of Outlook 365 does not display the menu toolbar or the ribbon. There is no ribbon control icon in the upper right next to the minimize button so I can't change the setting. I am using a Lenovo Ideapad 3....
  5. Menu toolbar in Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Menu toolbar in Outlook 365: A new installation of Outlook 365 does not display the menu toolbar or the ribbon. There is no ribbon control icon in the upper right next to the minimize button so I can't change the setting. I am using a Lenovo Ideapad 3....
  6. background screen keeps flashing; no start up menu; no toolbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    background screen keeps flashing; no start up menu; no toolbar: How do I get above back and no icons either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-screen-keeps-flashing-no-start-up-menu/629af240-c2f6-4c76-b274-d070673f4a69
  7. Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar: Hi, I've recently had to "Fresh Start" my Windows 10 install after having a problem I couldn't resolve in any other way. Since then, the original problems have all but cleared up, but now I have a new one that I can't recreate every time or figure out how to resolve. From...
  8. When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears: I've attached a video below of the problem. When clicking the start menu, one of my toolbars (Media Monkey Media Player) disappears for some reason, and re-appears when releasing from the start menu. I've checked every option in Media Monkey and haven' t found a good reason...
  9. Toolbar "programs only" start menu for Windows 10 on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbar "programs only" start menu for Windows 10 on taskbar?: Does anybody have a list of Windows 10 shell folder ids? I would like to make one of those toolbar "programs" only menus on the taskbar. The original one Brink showed for Win8, which was great, by the way, does not work the same anymore. In Windows 10, it now has...
  10. I don't get the Toolbar option in Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't get the Toolbar option in Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.: I tried everything to solve this problem but i can't fix it. [img] 36041