Windows 10: Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size

Discus and support Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Almost 3 years ago I reported an issue with toolbar icons being too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert Drouhard, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size

Almost 3 years ago I reported an issue with toolbar icons being too large:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarged-toolbar-icons-on-the-external-monitor/7c225271-ba9f-4023-9f02-fdeb0688f28cI'm back. I'm on a totally different computer, different dock different company even, and after a recent Win update, I have the exact same problem:If I simply disable this toolbar, it goes back to normal size:Only this time a restart and undock/redock isn't fixing it. This is incredibly annoying. Yes, "Small Icons" is checked changing to "Large Icons" makes the problem even worse.My

:)

Robert Drouhard, Nov 30, 2021

2. how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Toolbar text size

Thank you but this does not alter the text size on the toolbars, how can we amend the toolbar text sizes

MarkWilliams1962, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size

1. Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size - Similar Threads - Toolbar Icons Incorrect

2. Toolbar Incorrect Size...Again and Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toolbar Incorrect Size...Again and Again: Over the last 4 years I've had an intermittent problem with toolbar Icon size. Back in 2019, I posted this thread: Enlarged Toolbar icons on the external monitor - Microsoft Community, and about 15 months ago, this one: Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size - Microsoft Community. I...
  3. Toolbar Incorrect Size...Again and Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toolbar Incorrect Size...Again and Again: Over the last 4 years I've had an intermittent problem with toolbar Icon size. Back in 2019, I posted this thread: Enlarged Toolbar icons on the external monitor - Microsoft Community, and about 15 months ago, this one: Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size - Microsoft Community. I...
  4. Toolbar Incorrect Size...Again and Again

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ToolBar Icons sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ToolBar Icons sizing: I messed around with the display setting and everything got all whacked. I got everthing back to normal size for the most part. My toolbar icons are so small, I can't figure out to resize them. When I did resize them, something else would change. Not even sure if I am posting...
  6. ToolBar Icons sizing

ToolBar Icons sizing: I messed around with the display setting and everything got all whacked. I got everthing back to normal size for the most part. My toolbar icons are so small, I can't figure out to resize them. When I did resize them, something else would change. Not even sure if I am posting...
  7. Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size

Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size: Almost 3 years ago I reported an issue with toolbar icons being too large:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarged-toolbar-icons-on-the-external-monitor/7c225271-ba9f-4023-9f02-fdeb0688f28cI'm back. I'm on a totally different computer, different dock...
  8. Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size

Toolbar Icons Incorrect Size: Almost 3 years ago I reported an issue with toolbar icons being too large:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarged-toolbar-icons-on-the-external-monitor/7c225271-ba9f-4023-9f02-fdeb0688f28cI'm back. I'm on a totally different computer, different dock...
  9. RDP changing taskbar toolbar icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP changing taskbar toolbar icon size: This is very weird, and is only affecting taskbar icons set up in the taskbar, not toolbar icons.If I log directly into the laptop, both icons are displayed as the same small size, as seen below.But if I RDP into the same laptop at a higher resolution, toolbar icons stay the...
  10. RDP changing taskbar toolbar icon size

RDP changing taskbar toolbar icon size: This is very weird, and is only affecting taskbar icons set up in the taskbar, not toolbar icons.If I log directly into the laptop, both icons are displayed as the same small size, as seen below.But if I RDP into the same laptop at a higher resolution, toolbar icons stay the...