Windows 10: Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps

Discus and support Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is probably the way that it is, so nothing can be done. I use a single Toolbar for certain Apps. Both Microsoft and 3rd Party. I copy the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BL.Peoples, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps

This is probably the way that it is, so nothing can be done.

I use a single Toolbar for certain Apps. Both Microsoft and 3rd Party.

I copy the shortcuts from: Explorer Shell:AppsFolder into the Toolbar folder.

I rename those copied shortcuts.

The Icons shortcuts for 3rd Party Apps never lose their ico image.

But the Icons shortcuts for Microsoft Apps eventually become the blank paper icon.

For example, Microsoft Apps:

Snip & Sketch

Sticky Notes

GIMP

Calculator

MS Edge

When pinned to the TaskBar, those App Icons always remain non-blank.

Their functionality, in the ToolBar, is intermittent once turned to blank paper icon.

Sometimes they launch, sometimes not.

Note: This is not an IconCache problem.

I'm tempted to drop the MS App onto the Desktop, and then move that "link" to a Folder.
    I can then use that folder as a ToolBar Folder.
    I do this for the Recycle Bin. Works beautifully.
    But, unsure about the above MS Apps as they undoubtedly behave quite different than Recycle Bin.

Anyone know how to have the above mentioned MS Apps retain their Icons and functionality in a Toolbar Folder?

:)

BL.Peoples, Feb 24, 2021
  2. aigo Win User

Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

Thanks for all the suggestions:

• Winamp appears twice because I was annoyed it was getting lost/hidden, as well, so I installed Winamp agent, whose purpose is to always appear in the taskbar -- sometimes when Winamp becomes hidden like Volume/Power, the agent is always there. It's intentional Toolbar Icons  not Taskbar Icons  disappear for Microsoft Apps :)
    • Yes, thankfully, the icons do correspond to the right system app/third-party app. Clicking on it does run it properly. It's just physically hidden until I go to Settings to dis/enable it that it returns back into view (BUT bumps another icon off the carousel)
    • I have one toolbar, the Win7 traditional "Quick launch" installed, native function, non-third party. No other toolbars/link/manually created element. I do have the "Show desktop" button there, but it fortunately doesn't touch any of the taskbar items when used. I have tried locking and unlocking the taskbar many times without change. I also have Classic Shell running (installed day one of Windows), never had an issue, in case it looks different. Here's a full screencap of the start menu here :

Toolbar Icons  not Taskbar Icons  disappear for Microsoft Apps [​IMG]

I do hope it's a simple registry hack that's limiting the displayed icons to ~4-5, forcing the rightmost one go into hiding. But have no idea which key might be responsible...? Aside from IconStreams (which I've deleted manually, and used the Tenforums batch file that resets it and restarts Explorer.exe)

Much appreciated!

3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 24, 2021
  4. aigo Win User

Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps

Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

Thanks for the suggestion, really hoping it's something small like this that can resolve this. I've long uninstalled Winaero Tweaker -- and it had no tweaks for the taskbar icons.

So regardless of how I display the taskbar icons, the bumped off ones (right most, farthest) become hidden. In this case, I stretched it out to two rows tall with all icons displayed and the Power and Network icons still both get bumped off *Sad

Toolbar Icons  not Taskbar Icons  disappear for Microsoft Apps [​IMG]

Basically what I previously observed -- it's almost as if there is a limit of 4-5 icons that can be displayed, and each system app exceeding it is pushed out or "hidden". Yet It's not a space constraint -- all the icons can be displayed -- just not the ones that've been forced into this hidden mode. In this case, the ones I care about *Sad

Thema:

Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps

1. Toolbar Icons not Taskbar Icons disappear for Microsoft Apps - Similar Threads - Toolbar Icons Taskbar

2. The icon on my toolbar disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    The icon on my toolbar disappear: The icon on my toolbar disappear, it exist but doesn't show up.I have restarted the Windows, still the same.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-toolbar-disappear/93b1e3bd-fc42-4e9a-8f45-a99ba0b5bb1c
  3. The icon on my toolbar disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my toolbar disappear: The icon on my toolbar disappear, it exist but doesn't show up.I have restarted the Windows, still the same.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-toolbar-disappear/93b1e3bd-fc42-4e9a-8f45-a99ba0b5bb1c
  4. The icon on my toolbar disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  6. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  7. Microsoft app icons disappearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft app icons disappearing on taskbar: Hi,I can not see a preview image/icon in the taskbar for most of Microsoft apps. The taskbar is transparent thus it is not even possible to differentiate the apps at a glance. Please help....
  8. Microsoft app icons disappearing on taskbar

Microsoft app icons disappearing on taskbar: Hi,I can not see a preview image/icon in the taskbar for most of Microsoft apps. The taskbar is transparent thus it is not even possible to differentiate the apps at a glance. Please help....
  9. Taskbar toolbar Icons

Taskbar toolbar Icons: Hi Ever since I think windows 98, I have had a particular setup on Windows and I am so used to it that I really don't want to change it. I recently bought a Dell laptop and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro The Setup I have is that I have the task bar on auto-hide on the...
  10. Toolbars icons disappear too fast

Toolbars icons disappear too fast: When I click on an icon in the toiol bar it does not give me time to open it. I have to rigth click hold and the if i am fast I can open it with the left click. Is there a way to change the timing? TRhank you all 59624