Windows 10: toolbar/taskbar

Discus and support toolbar/taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nessa, Mar 15, 2016.

1. nessa Win User

toolbar/taskbar

Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!!
    I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away.....
    Any ideas , suggestions would be wonderful

:)

nessa, Mar 15, 2016

2. Task bar resize

The double bar probably means some toolbar is shown.

Right Click the Taskbar>Toolbar>Hide the toolbars shown.

Unlock the Taskbar by unchecking Lock the taskbar and then try dragging it to smaller size.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Taskbar resets to one row each time I reboot after Creators Update

I have only recently upgraded to windows Creator and suffered from losing the bottom row of the taskbar each time I restart windows.

I have tried lots of permutations 'supposed fixes' but my latest (might be different tomorrow!!) observations highlight the taskbar TOOLBARS:

- If I remove all Toolbars from the taskbar, Restart = NO rows are lost.

- With a toolbar applied to taskbar and taskbar locked Restart = NO rows are lost.

- With a toolbar applied to taskbar and taskbar NOT locked Restart = ONE row lost.

I also use a 3rd monitor with my laptop via a

XCSOURCE USB 3.0 To HDMI HD 1080P Video Cable Adapter Converter

with this there 'seems' to be an extra problem:

- With a toolbar applied to taskbar and taskbar locked Restart = ONE row lost.

JimOrrell68, Mar 15, 2016
  4. toolbar/taskbar

Hello nessa Welcome to the Ten Forums!

I have to assume you saw 10 go on as an upgrade from the previous version correct? Often an upgrade install to a newer version of Windows will simply come out "Buggy" with either some immediate headaches or minor issues that slowly appear after 10 has been on for a period of time.

IF immediately found to be a headache the Clean Install option is then the best possible move. But you would also need to Download Windows 10 either for the immediate upgrade option to repair, see the 10 media created using a 8gb size flash drive at this time, or simply save the "Windows.iso" file to a folder on the drive. You can later mount the ISO image on a virtual cd rom drive to see an Upgrade to Repair type install.

For some minor issues however like a glitch you can first try a run of the System File Checker tool opening a command prompt and typing the "sfc /scannow" command. The system tool will look around for any important files that didn't go on good or never found their way onto the drive to begin with. If you should see the message that some files were not able to be fixed the problem would be a little more involved.

Night Hawk, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

toolbar/taskbar

1. toolbar/taskbar - Similar Threads - toolbar taskbar

2. A second taskbar / toolbar that is flexible

in Windows 10 Customization
    A second taskbar / toolbar that is flexible: I was playing with windows taskbar and toolbar and was thinking; would it not be a nice thing if we could separate the toolbar form the taskbar and lock it to the border of the screen...
  3. New Toolbars on the Taskbar Load very slow the first time after boot.

New Toolbars on the Taskbar Load very slow the first time after boot.: I Have created two new toolbars on my taskbar and when first opened, they load very slow in Win 10 Pro 1803 on a fast computer. I remember this issue occurred in a previous Windows version - maybe XP - but I don't recall where the tweak was but it was a setting to change...
  4. Toolbar in taskbar not fitting two rows

Toolbar in taskbar not fitting two rows: After a windows update my custom toolbar in the taskbar no longer spans over two rows. I have a two line taskbar with small icons resulting in two rows of icons for my open appliactions. But the toolbar (also with small icons) just occupies one row instead of the two...
  5. Centering icons on taskbar via toolbar method, is this safe?

Centering icons on taskbar via toolbar method, is this safe?: Hello there, i was wondering whether putting my taskbar icons in the centre by using the toolbar method( creating file, dragging it near the start menu. etc.) Is this also a bannable offense? Thanks....
  6. Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons

Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons: After a system restart the custom toolbars I have on my taskbar will not show the icons when clicked to expand, it will only show a thin gray line. I already ran DISM/SFC, unchecked and re-added the toolbars, verified the folders related to the toolbars and icons are there....
  7. Create new taskbar toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new taskbar toolbar: I had a small area (toolbar) in the left side of my taskbar, next to the Start button. I used it to store shortcuts to my most-used programs. It also stored my "show desktop" icon, but forgot where that's stored. Somehow, it was removed and I want to restore or create a new...
  8. Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates disable my Taskbar toolbars every time: What can I do to prevent Windows 10 updates from disabling my Taskbar toolbars? It is such a waste of time to reset my toolbars after every Windows 10 update!...
  9. Custom toolbars disappears from taskbar after reboot in Windows 10 v1803

Custom toolbars disappears from taskbar after reboot in Windows 10 v1803: Hi, just upgraded to v1803. Since that when I reboot the system my custom toolbar disappears from the taskbar. I can add it again, it still contains all the icons I've placed to it earlier. But when I reboot again (e.g. doing shut down) the toolbar itself is not present...
  10. Taskbar, toolbar, windows icon, cortana not working

Taskbar, toolbar, windows icon, cortana not working: I can't click on my taskbar, I can't use cortana, I can't even use the search bar to search for any kind of settings. I can't even click on the wifi icon on the taskbar. I tried the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in command prompt, I also tried this:...