Windows 10: Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders

Discus and support Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version: Windows 10 Home (x64) v1903 This just started happening for the first time since I got Win10 when it was released. It has all the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbiweb, Nov 4, 2019.

1. cbiweb Win User

Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders

Version: Windows 10 Home (x64) v1903

This just started happening for the first time since I got Win10 when it was released. It has all the latest updates, I keep it well maintained.

Bits of the toolbar content are showing next to the labels, as seen in the screenshot below. It only happens when I lock the taskbar, and like I said it only started happening today, and only on my System 2 laptop.

Any idea what caused it, and/or how to fix? Thanks!

Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders [​IMG]

:)

cbiweb, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10

Hello Mike, and welcome to Ten Forums. Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders :)

This tutorial is for pinning folders to the taskbar instead though.

The limit is based on your screen resolution for what will show in the jump list without having to scroll.

Another alternative, is to add a new folder as toolbar on your taskbar, then add shortcuts of folders to the new folder to have them show in the toolbar's menu.

Taskbar Toolbars - Add or Remove in Windows 8

Brink, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons

After a system restart the custom toolbars I have on my taskbar will not show the icons when clicked to expand, it will only show a thin gray line.

I already ran DISM/SFC, unchecked and re-added the toolbars, verified the folders related to the toolbars and icons are there.

I am running windows 10 enterprise.

Guilherme (Communication & Media Solutions), Nov 4, 2019
  4. No Jo Win User

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders - Similar Threads - Toolbars taskbar showing

2. Language Toolbar in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Language Toolbar in Taskbar: Try this LANGUABE TOOLBAR IN TASKBAR 1. Start > settings 2. Devices 3. Typing>more keyboard settings>advanced keyboardsettings 4. Language bar options 5. Radio button “Docked in the Taskbar”...
  3. setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar: I have a case# 1469569042 regarding taskbar colors, in setting colors, start task bar [ATTACH] This is grayed out and I cannot change colors [Moved from: Windows Insider Program ]...
  4. A second taskbar / toolbar that is flexible

A second taskbar / toolbar that is flexible: I was playing with windows taskbar and toolbar and was thinking; would it not be a nice thing if we could separate the toolbar form the taskbar and lock it to the border of the screen...
  5. Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons

Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons: After a system restart the custom toolbars I have on my taskbar will not show the icons when clicked to expand, it will only show a thin gray line. I already ran DISM/SFC, unchecked and re-added the toolbars, verified the folders related to the toolbars and icons are there....
  6. Create new taskbar toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new taskbar toolbar: I had a small area (toolbar) in the left side of my taskbar, next to the Start button. I used it to store shortcuts to my most-used programs. It also stored my "show desktop" icon, but forgot where that's stored. Somehow, it was removed and I want to restore or create a new...
  7. Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive toolbar folder buttons: Win 10 Pro 15063.1155 (1703/RS2) Lately, when I open file explorer folders, some randomly become non-responsive from the desktop toolbar. Left Click on the toolbar button and nothing happens. I must right click them and choose "close window". I can reopen them from a...
  8. Toolbars on taskbar, have program launch within toolbar

Toolbars on taskbar, have program launch within toolbar: Hi, *Smile i have a question about toolbars... is it possible to have programs launch within the toolbar? 107959
  9. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  10. Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar toolbar icons: I've been looking all over the paces and was not able to find any inteligent answer. Recently I lost my icons sort order for Quick Launch toolbar. any time after I move icons around to place all in some logical (to me) order, the next time I reboot the computer they are...