Windows 10: Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders

Discus and support Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version: Windows 10 Home (x64) v1903 This just started happening for the first time since I got Win10 when it was released. It has all the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbiweb, Nov 4, 2019.

1. cbiweb Win User

Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders

Version: Windows 10 Home (x64) v1903

This just started happening for the first time since I got Win10 when it was released. It has all the latest updates, I keep it well maintained.

Bits of the toolbar content are showing next to the labels, as seen in the screenshot below. It only happens when I lock the taskbar, and like I said it only started happening today, and only on my System 2 laptop.

Any idea what caused it, and/or how to fix? Thanks!

Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders [​IMG]

:)

cbiweb, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

'Pin to taskbar' Folder and Drive in Windows 10

Hello Mike, and welcome to Ten Forums. Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders :)

This tutorial is for pinning folders to the taskbar instead though.

The limit is based on your screen resolution for what will show in the jump list without having to scroll.

Another alternative, is to add a new folder as toolbar on your taskbar, then add shortcuts of folders to the new folder to have them show in the toolbar's menu.

Taskbar Toolbars - Add or Remove in Windows 8

Brink, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons

After a system restart the custom toolbars I have on my taskbar will not show the icons when clicked to expand, it will only show a thin gray line.

I already ran DISM/SFC, unchecked and re-added the toolbars, verified the folders related to the toolbars and icons are there.

I am running windows 10 enterprise.

Guilherme (Communication & Media Solutions), Nov 4, 2019
  4. No Jo Win User

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders - Similar Threads - Toolbars taskbar showing

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. The toolbar shows the folder when locked. Any solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The toolbar shows the folder when locked. Any solution?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xkdhc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x2mjwh/the_toolbar_shows_the_folder_when_locked_any/
  5. Links toolbar on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links toolbar on Taskbar: I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-toolbar-on-taskbar/2868487c-9f6a-4ca1-82f1-2e894542f30b
  6. Taskbar toolbar Icons

Taskbar toolbar Icons: Hi Ever since I think windows 98, I have had a particular setup on Windows and I am so used to it that I really don't want to change it. I recently bought a Dell laptop and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro The Setup I have is that I have the task bar on auto-hide on the...
  7. Language Toolbar in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Language Toolbar in Taskbar: Try this LANGUABE TOOLBAR IN TASKBAR 1. Start > settings 2. Devices 3. Typing>more keyboard settings>advanced keyboardsettings 4. Language bar options 5. Radio button “Docked in the Taskbar”...
  8. setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar

setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar: I have a case# 1469569042 regarding taskbar colors, in setting colors, start task bar [ATTACH] This is grayed out and I cannot change colors [Moved from: Windows Insider Program ]...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons

Windows 10 taskbar toolbars not expanding to show icons: After a system restart the custom toolbars I have on my taskbar will not show the icons when clicked to expand, it will only show a thin gray line. I already ran DISM/SFC, unchecked and re-added the toolbars, verified the folders related to the toolbars and icons are there....
  10. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...