Windows 10: Tools like Wifi, Battery, Sound are not working post BIOS update

Discus and support Tools like Wifi, Battery, Sound are not working post BIOS update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to change WIFI network through any way post BIOS update from 2.6.1 to Dell Inspiron 5480/5488/5482/5580/5582 and Vostro 5481/5581 System BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AsimaSatpathy, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Tools like Wifi, Battery, Sound are not working post BIOS update

Unable to change WIFI network through any way post BIOS update from 2.6.1 to

Dell Inspiron 5480/5488/5482/5580/5582 and Vostro 5481/5581 System BIOS - 2.7.0.

When checked with Dell Support they are saying they don't have any experty in providing support and asked to check with Microsoft directly.

BIOS was updated through Dell Support Assist Tool.

Earlier I was having another Dell Vostro laptop and that time there was some issue with touch pad and Dell support asked to re-install Windows OS and after that there are end less issues that no one can fix and I’ve to purchase a new laptop.

I need support either to fix this issue or steps to downgrade BIOS.

:)

AsimaSatpathy, Jul 18, 2020
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Tools like Wifi, Battery, Sound are not working post BIOS update

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Tools like Wifi, Battery, Sound are not working post BIOS update

1. Tools like Wifi, Battery, Sound are not working post BIOS update - Similar Threads - Tools Wifi Battery

2. WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working: Hi, I've been having this problem recentlyThe wifi, battery and sound panel are not working when I click them. normally when you left-click it a pop-up menu appears, but recently when I click nothing happens. it responds as I right-click, but it's annoying to manually go into...
  3. WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working: Hi, I've been having this problem recentlyThe wifi, battery and sound panel are not working when I click them. normally when you left-click it a pop-up menu appears, but recently when I click nothing happens. it responds as I right-click, but it's annoying to manually go into...
  4. Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working: Action center, battery status, sound, wifi, and clock icons not workinghey guys, in windows 10 all of the icons beside the clock except the language icon are not working they don't do anything when I press them , a restart fixes it but after restarting again they stop working...
  5. Windows 11 wifi, sound, battery, icon and panel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wifi, sound, battery, icon and panel not working: Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 OS Build 22000.348I get Windows 11 via Windows update from WIndows 10, at first it run normally and then suddenly wifi, sound, battery, icon and panel not working, when I click it, it just appear small blank panel which auto close...
  6. Windows 11 wifi, sound, battery, icon and panel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wifi, sound, battery, icon and panel not working: Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 OS Build 22000.348I get Windows 11 via Windows update from WIndows 10, at first it run normally and then suddenly wifi, sound, battery, icon and panel not working, when I click it, it just appear small blank panel which auto close...
  7. Bios Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios Battery: Win 10 pro 64bit Hi This post is indirectly linked to my post on Hardware updating. My thoughts on this were prompted by the battery on my current computer's motherboard running out of charge (yes it is quite old but still works pretty well). Changing the battery was...
  8. Icons on like focus assist, sound, battery percentage are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on like focus assist, sound, battery percentage are not working: Hi Microsoft The icons on the bottom right hand side are not working wifi menu is also not working Help me to resolve this issue. Windows 10 Home single language Version 2004 Os build 19041.508 Experience windows feature experience 120.2212.31.0 Help fast Thank...
  9. Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working: Action center, battery status, sound, wifi and clock icons not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-battery-status-sound-wifi-and-clock/a69a82d3-33f3-4b0f-b21a-90f792f7b517
  10. BIOS POST After Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS POST After Windows Update.: Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios...