Windows 10: Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows

Discus and support Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows We have covered many ways that you can save space on your Storage Drive over the years, firstly by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sureshveniwal, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows

Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows

We have covered many ways that you can save space on your Storage Drive over the years, firstly by recently discussing how to manually go through big files and test cleanup utilities, your files Reset windows to the default state without losing, and methods for Delete. Windows.old Backup retrieves storage of several Gigabyte potentially in the process in all Scenarios.

Removing Duplicate files on your system can easily clean out which can be of equally large size if only a few big files are found.

Dealing with Windows duplicate files is not easy. While there are many options to accomplish this kind of work with batch files or PowerShell scripts, we think most people would prefer something that does not include a command prompt.

https://howgadgets.com/tools-of-finding-and-duplicate-files-on-window/

Without installing third party software, your only option is running a search for a specific files through windows explore and manually removing the Duplicate that appears. This is not helpful, of course, if you do not know which files are duplicated.

Those of you who use the Powerful file explorer alternative Total commander will already know that it includes the ability to search for duplicate files this is on another search page among dozens of other features that Windows users explorer aims to power users. Provides on.

If you don't add any additional Third Party Software to your system or learn your way around a New File explorer, it's worth noting that CCleaner has a Duplicate File Search tool Tools> Duplicate finder, if you Let's use it already. Note, we are not fond of CCleaner because nowadays there is better option.

thanks

https://howgadgets.com/

:)

sureshveniwal, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Mar 30, 2020
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows

1. Tools to find and duplicate files on Windows - Similar Threads - Tools find duplicate

2. Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.: I recently combined several backups totaling ~5tb from different devices each of which may contain unique information that I need to keep. However, I need to identify and delete the duplicate files. Thoughts?...
  3. Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding duplicate files in 5TB of data.: I recently combined several backups totaling ~5tb from different devices each of which may contain unique information that I need to keep. However, I need to identify and delete the duplicate files. Thoughts?...
  4. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online: Hello,Is there a method to detect duplicate files ONLINE in OneDrive?*Not locally in the files structure*Or is the only way to sort by name and compare file size?What about issues when you have two files:"File1.log"and"File1.log - copy"that are the same size but have...
  5. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online: Hello,Is there a method to detect duplicate files ONLINE in OneDrive?*Not locally in the files structure*Or is the only way to sort by name and compare file size?What about issues when you have two files:"File1.log"and"File1.log - copy"that are the same size but have...
  6. Find Duplicate Files in OneDrive Online

7. Software for finding duplicate files and folders

Software for finding duplicate files and folders: My main pc has over the years managed to get a lot of duplicate files and folders is there any software that will find them for me that is easy to use so i can delete them. I have win10 version 2004 161402
  8. Find & Move Duplicate Files

Find & Move Duplicate Files: Files are in multiple folders on multiple external hard disk drives, 25x5 TB = 125 TB Tried, ABC Compare, & Anti Twin, Software but doesn’t work over multiple HDD's, only searches one drive. Someone said may need to plug all 25 external drives into PC and set up a raid...
  9. Find and delete duplicate files in Windows 10

Find and delete duplicate files in Windows 10: Does Microsoft have a duplicate file finder that will find any files, not just photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-and-delete-duplicate-files-in-windows-10/283770ba-cc5b-47cd-b8b5-9f1f13b0c2fa"
  10. Find and remove duplicated files

Find and remove duplicated files: Use the app " Duplicated file remover“, Scan a hard disk. After a few hours, the screen shows conflict info "scanning duplicated 100%" and "remaining one file" for more than two hours. What should I do?. Wait more or cancel it....