Windows 10: Tools

Discus and support Tools in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I install the tool to scan for viruses only with Windows Defender? If possible could you list some of these tools?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gitkerl1234, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Tools

Can I install the tool to scan for viruses only with Windows Defender? If possible could you list some of these tools?

:)

gitkerl1234, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

Handy OS X Tools and Apps

You should add VLC to that list. Plays most anything, except WMV/WMA.

And are we sticking to free tools? Cause I have suggestions for some that cost money, but are well worth it IMHO.

Wile E, Oct 15, 2020
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Tools

Handy OS X Tools and Apps

If they have a trial, I'll see how good it is *Smile Tools :)

VLC is good for ANY platform!! *Toast :toast:

Dippyskoodlez, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Tools

1. Tools - Similar Threads - Tools

2. Hi, Where is the rules in the screen capture tool ? tool has changed and I can no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, Where is the rules in the screen capture tool ? tool has changed and I can no longer...: Ususally when we press "PrintScreen" keyboard shortcut or Start + Shift + S, we can take a screen capture and in the tool called "Outil Capture d'écran" in our French Version, we used to have a ruler that let us highlight important information in a straight way....
  3. Hi, Where is the rules in the screen capture tool ? tool has changed and I can no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, Where is the rules in the screen capture tool ? tool has changed and I can no longer...: Ususally when we press "PrintScreen" keyboard shortcut or Start + Shift + S, we can take a screen capture and in the tool called "Outil Capture d'écran" in our French Version, we used to have a ruler that let us highlight important information in a straight way....
  4. Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?: I saw one article that claims you can just download the Media Creation Tool to install directly on the computer that downloaded it by clicking "upgrade this pc" if you got a new laptop that came with 11 and want to downgrade it to 10, has anyone done that successfully or do...
  5. Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot": For a few months and most likely after an update, the Windows 11 Snippit Tool has been giving me the following error:Couldn't save screenshot Wait a bit and try again. If this continues send us your feedback.It used to save them automatically to my OneDrive Picture...
  6. Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot"

Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot": For a few months and most likely after an update, the Windows 11 Snippit Tool has been giving me the following error:Couldn't save screenshot Wait a bit and try again. If this continues send us your feedback.It used to save them automatically to my OneDrive Picture...
  7. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5: Hi,So I was making a WIM image of a VMware virtual hard disk file mounted to my computer in read only mode, and I keep getting Error Code 3 in PowerISO the system cannot find the path specified I've tried it again, and I still getting the same error. I am not sure how to...
  8. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5: Hi,So I was making a WIM image of a VMware virtual hard disk file mounted to my computer in read only mode, and I keep getting Error Code 3 in PowerISO the system cannot find the path specified I've tried it again, and I still getting the same error. I am not sure how to...
  9. DISM Tool Error 3 in PowerISO 8.5

10. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...