Windows 10: Tooltip Duration

Discus and support Tooltip Duration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Simple Samples, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Tooltip Duration

I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the entire path. For me I see the tooltip flash very quickly and then go away. This happens in many places for me in Windows. I assume that I changed a configuration setting in Windows but I forget what and I can't find it.

I have searched for answers. When I use Microsoft's assistant to get help the only suggestions are programmer suggestions such as toolTip. I am a programmer but I am not looking for a programming solution. If this is a configuration problem then I probably just need to know what term(s) I need to look for.

:)

Simple Samples, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Small feature suggestion - About screen tooltip

Thanks!
    I also suggest the same thing (adding a tooltip) for the Screenshot (Camera) button (a tooltip of "Screenshot" or maybe "Take screenshot") and the BIOS button (not sure what exact tooltip is best, but a tooltip is better than no tooltip), as well as the Render Test button (? mark button).

3. Naki Win User
    Suggestion - Lookup tooltip

Lookup button has no tooltip now. I suggest one to be added.
    Saying something like "Lookup your video card in GPU database and open info link"/etc.

Please add. Thanks!

4. Yaqub K Win User

Tooltip Duration

Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Were the tooltips available earlier? If so, did you make any changes due to which the issue with tooltip occurred?

If the tooltips were available earlier, I suggest you to perform system restore and check.

System Restore is a feature that allows users to restore their system to a previous state. It offers a way to undo all the changes in the system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc, to a previous
    state, without affecting personal files such as documents, photos or e-mails.

• 1. Windows key + R to open Run window.

2. On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press OK.

3. Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.
    If it doesn't help, I suggest you to run System File Checker (SFC Scan) as this could be an issue with corrupt system files.

System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.
    Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • In Command prompt, type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Also applies to Windows 10.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance

Yaqub K, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Tooltip Duration

1. Tooltip Duration - Similar Threads - Tooltip Duration

2. How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!: I am annoyed at the taskbar tooltips. I pinned things there, i know what it is, stop reminding me. What makes it worse is that you can hover over it for a fraction of a second, but it displays the title for four seconds. You see, i am using a modeling software that has...
  3. Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead: When I hover over Min, Max and Close for any program like IE, Outlook, Skype, Windows Explorer. The tooltips are black boxes. It normally shows a text box saying Minimize, Maximize or Close. I am getting black boxes instead... Its almost like it is trying but cannot do it...
  4. Please help if you can. How to edit FOLDER tooltips in the registry.

Please help if you can. How to edit FOLDER tooltips in the registry.: I have already inquired about this in the past, but I can't seem to get a response from anyone. I would really appreciate some help with this please *Smile. In order to customize which fields/properties are displayed in the tooltips for any given file type you can edit the...
  5. Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip

Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip: Is there a way to show the aspect ratio of video files in the Windows Explorer file tooltips? A few hours of research taught me how to add extra file info that isn't there by default (like frame height x width) but for some reason I can't get the aspect ratio to show. This...
  6. How To Increase TaskBar ToolTip Character Amount

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Increase TaskBar ToolTip Character Amount: Hello, I've heard from before that you can increase the amount of characters shown in a ToolTip from a System Tray Icon. As you can see in the attached picture that this information shown is not complete (it cuts out halfway in the third email listed, yet there are currently...
  7. Start menu not sorting and tooltip not right

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not sorting and tooltip not right: New installation of windows 10. Not really liking the start menu - all apps - alphabetical sorting, but I also noticed that it is not actually in alphabetical order if you rename the shortcut. For example I renamed a shortcut from "Run <Shortcut name>" to just "<shortcut...
  8. Failed tooltips

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed tooltips: Hi guys - I'm new here! I'd just like to say I'm still disappointed with the build quality of the new generation of Windows starting with Windows ME. They still haven't got it working seamlessly! This time I'd like to complain about the recurrent problem of tooltips that...
  9. Show hints (tooltips) for maximised window in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Show hints (tooltips) for maximised window in windows 10: Some programs I use need to have hints, or tips, shown. A debugger is the most important example for me but for my customers it is the apps I develop. If I maximize a window then hints are turned off as though I'm in tablet mode which I am not. It seems as though maximized...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. Currently running Windows 10 Pro Build 10586 and Classic Shell 4.2.5 Performance Visual effects Custom: - Show thumbnails instead of icons - Smooth edges of screen fonts I need help with two annoyances: 1. How do I change the color of...