Windows 10: Tooltip Duration

Discus and support Tooltip Duration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Simple Samples, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Tooltip Duration

I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the entire path. For me I see the tooltip flash very quickly and then go away. This happens in many places for me in Windows. I assume that I changed a configuration setting in Windows but I forget what and I can't find it.

I have searched for answers. When I use Microsoft's assistant to get help the only suggestions are programmer suggestions such as toolTip. I am a programmer but I am not looking for a programming solution. If this is a configuration problem then I probably just need to know what term(s) I need to look for.

:)

Simple Samples, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Small feature suggestion - About screen tooltip

Thanks!
    I also suggest the same thing (adding a tooltip) for the Screenshot (Camera) button (a tooltip of "Screenshot" or maybe "Take screenshot") and the BIOS button (not sure what exact tooltip is best, but a tooltip is better than no tooltip), as well as the Render Test button (? mark button).

3. Naki Win User
    Suggestion - Lookup tooltip

Lookup button has no tooltip now. I suggest one to be added.
    Saying something like "Lookup your video card in GPU database and open info link"/etc.

Please add. Thanks!

4. Yaqub K Win User

Tooltip Duration

Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Were the tooltips available earlier? If so, did you make any changes due to which the issue with tooltip occurred?

If the tooltips were available earlier, I suggest you to perform system restore and check.

System Restore is a feature that allows users to restore their system to a previous state. It offers a way to undo all the changes in the system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc, to a previous
    state, without affecting personal files such as documents, photos or e-mails.

• 1. Windows key + R to open Run window.

2. On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press OK.

3. Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.
    If it doesn't help, I suggest you to run System File Checker (SFC Scan) as this could be an issue with corrupt system files.

System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.
    Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • In Command prompt, type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Also applies to Windows 10.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance

Yaqub K, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Tooltip Duration

1. Tooltip Duration - Similar Threads - Tooltip Duration

2. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  3. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  4. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Systray tooltips or a blue circle always displayed in top left corner of desktop - win 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Systray tooltips or a blue circle always displayed in top left corner of desktop - win 11...: when the desktop is shown, I see either a grey or blue circle not solid in the top left corner of the primary screen on my HP Omen 16.1 B0xxx laptop. If I hover the cursor over over a systray icon, that icon's tooltip replaces the circle. What on earth is going on here? Can I...
  6. Systray tooltips or a blue circle always displayed in top left corner of desktop - win 11...

Systray tooltips or a blue circle always displayed in top left corner of desktop - win 11...: when the desktop is shown, I see either a grey or blue circle not solid in the top left corner of the primary screen on my HP Omen 16.1 B0xxx laptop. If I hover the cursor over over a systray icon, that icon's tooltip replaces the circle. What on earth is going on here? Can I...
  7. Why is the window preview that opens as a tooltip when you hover over a program in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the window preview that opens as a tooltip when you hover over a program in the...: So as the title says, the window preview that opens as a tooltip when you hover over a program in the Windows Taskbar doesn't update in real time when the program is DirectX based eg a video game application.This is my observation and I'm just wondering why that happens and...
  8. Why is the window preview that opens as a tooltip when you hover over a program in the...

Why is the window preview that opens as a tooltip when you hover over a program in the...: So as the title says, the window preview that opens as a tooltip when you hover over a program in the Windows Taskbar doesn't update in real time when the program is DirectX based eg a video game application.This is my observation and I'm just wondering why that happens and...
  9. How disable tooltip pop-ups in windows 11?

How disable tooltip pop-ups in windows 11?: Is there a way to disable these useless tooltips? if they pop in front some app/button, I just can't click on what is behind till I move mouse pointer away it's.No, it's not just disable "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" this is for folders/files and...
  10. How disable tooltip pop-ups in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable tooltip pop-ups in windows 11?: Is there a way to disable these useless tooltips? if they pop in front some app/button, I just can't click on what is behind till I move mouse pointer away it's.No, it's not just disable "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" this is for folders/files and...