Windows 10: Tooltip for "..." URL/search results?

Discus and support Tooltip for "..." URL/search results? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello. as far as the URL itself goes, it is easy enough to see in the status bar at the bottom in your browser. however... i remember long ago that, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY, May 31, 2019.

1. Tooltip for "..." URL/search results?

hello. as far as the URL itself goes, it is easy enough to see in the status bar at the bottom in your browser. however... i remember long ago that, if you would hover your cursor over the the actual search result, a tooltip would show letting you read the full title-thingy of your search result(s).

Tooltip for "..." URL/search results? fGGQu77.png

as you can see in the image, there is more to the title result, but we can't read it unless actually clicking the URL to visit. (in this particular example, visiting the URL shows us the full title is "Is there a way to add a tooltip that shows a result of a search on a table's field?" )

i don't remember on what version of Windows we stopped seeing this tooltip, but... i DO know it used to show up. is there a way to restore this?

:)

BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY, May 31, 2019

2. Tooltip Duration

I agree that the link was too advanced for consumer forum, my apologies. Unfortunately after spending another hour searching today I find no way to adjust this except in the code of the tooltip itself.

One result clues us that this duration limit doesn't exist in Firefox, which is perhaps why I've not encountered it myself.

But every result I've found refers us only to the underlying tooltip code, and how to edit it with JavaScript.

Perhaps someone else will have suggestions who finds this thread in searches thanks to the pithy title.

Greg Carmack - MVP, May 31, 2019
  3. Tooltip Duration

I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and
    we want to see the entire path. For me I see the tooltip flash very quickly and then go away. This happens in many places for me in Windows. I assume that I changed a configuration setting in Windows but I forget what and I can't find it.

I have searched for answers. When I use Microsoft's assistant to get help the only suggestions are programmer suggestions such as toolTip.
    I am a programmer but I am not looking for a programming solution. If this is a configuration problem then I probably just need to know what term(s) I need to look for.

Simple Samples, May 31, 2019
  4. Tooltip for "..." URL/search results?

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Tooltip for "..." URL/search results? a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Tooltip for "..." URL/search results?

1. Tooltip for "..." URL/search results? - Similar Threads - Tooltip URL search

2. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  3. Vanishing Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vanishing Search Results: I have an old hard drive on a usb connection.As anyone knows, if you do a desktop/PC folder or a hard drive search, that little progress bar flies to the right at near supersonic speed, then takes an hour or more going that last 1/8th of an inch just to the right of the "X."...
  4. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  5. Wrong Search Results

in Cortana
    Wrong Search Results: Hello Somedays ago I opened a pdf file from the internet in ms edge.today i saw that in windows search the pdf was showing up.there were option like manage disconnect network drive open[when i click the it,it open the windows file explorer ,this pc srcreen] open file...
  6. Bing search results

in Cortana
    Bing search results: Fairly simple. All searches, especially for generic businesses or shopping related searches always return american results. Location is set to australia. I am signed in. Windows location is set to my city and country. Changing search engines isnt an option as i do most of my...
  7. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  8. Syntax for a search URL

in Browsers and Email
    Syntax for a search URL: A long time ago, when I had Avant Browser, there was a system for pasting a URL in a browser's address bar, & putting something at the end that would go to a specific site & do a search there. It has something to do with %s or \%s, I can't recall. For example, if you wanted...
  9. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886