Windows 10: tooltips for videos... can i change them?

Discus and support tooltips for videos... can i change them? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi... does anyone know what controls the tooltips for files and videos? for mp4 it shows the size and the length and whether it's available offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hannelius, Nov 14, 2015.

1. hannelius Win User

tooltips for videos... can i change them?

hi... does anyone know what controls the tooltips for files and videos?

for mp4 it shows the size and the length
    and whether it's available offline
    for webm and flash it shows the size and the date
    and i'd like to make them all the same...

i tried looking for it in the registry and couldn't find it....
    does anyone know where it is... where i can change it?

i miss how windows 7 used to show it at the bottom
    though it was still the same thing...

:)

hannelius, Nov 14, 2015

2. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

So I've noticed that tooltips shows while windows is still starting up, but once everythings full up and running they disappear completely. I did the scannow /sfc. I also notice that microsoft programs have no problems displaying tooltips, like the Microsoft
    Upload Center tooltip always displays fine, but other programs don't. It's like they've changed how tooltips work and don't support legacy tooltips.

PartTimeTechie, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

The tooltips have never been visible since my upgrade. The notification tray area is mostly opaque but no tooltips will display at all. If I right click on objects in the task tray I can interact with them, but none show tooltips and there's information
    in my VPN clients tooltip that I require.

PartTimeTechie, Nov 14, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

It doesn't appear at the bottom, but can click the View tab of File Explorer/Windows Explorer and click the 3rd button
    "details pane" to open the details pane at the right side of the window.

5. YOU
    You Win User
    OldNewExplorer can move it to the bottom if 'd like.

Make a system restore point in case something goes wrong: System Restore Point - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Download OldNewExplorer http://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar
    Download 7-Zip 7-Zip
    Double-click 7-Zip installer and install it.
    Extract files from OldNewExplorer.rar using 7-Zip.
    Right-click oldnewexplorercfg.exe and click "run as administrator".
    Check "Show details pane on the bottom".
    Click "Install" button.
    Click Close.
    Restart PC.

If something goes wrong, can always restore the restore point. We can help out if that happens.

6. hannelius Win User
    thank you... that's neat... i didn't know that...

i noticed that for mp4 it shows nearly everything
    but for others it hardly shows anything...
    do you know what it is that makes
    the info appear there
    and where the stuff
    for the tooltips are?

hannelius, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. tooltips for videos... can i change them? - Similar Threads - tooltips videos change

2. tooltips in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  3. Tooltips in Courrier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tooltips in Courrier: Tooltips in Courrier I would like to speak with someone who is familiar with "Courrier" the email application provided with Windows 10. The more pressing question that brings me here, is this: Is it possible to disable the appearance of tooltips when hovering over a...
  4. How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?

How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?: Hello! My other computer when I hover over a document, the tooltips window pops up and it shows the document dimensions as well as ICC profiles. How can I get that option on my current computer? Thanks! - Becca...
  5. desktop tooltips

desktop tooltips: Is there a way to increase the size of tooltips without increasing the size of all text? I am on a standard Desktop PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-tooltips/48479318-d788-4eff-bcea-7ccf6a9d2aad
  6. Tooltip Duration

Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...
  7. How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!

How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!: I am annoyed at the taskbar tooltips. I pinned things there, i know what it is, stop reminding me. What makes it worse is that you can hover over it for a fraction of a second, but it displays the title for four seconds. You see, i am using a modeling software that has...
  8. Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip

Showing Video Aspect Ratio in File Info Tooltip: Is there a way to show the aspect ratio of video files in the Windows Explorer file tooltips? A few hours of research taught me how to add extra file info that isn't there by default (like frame height x width) but for some reason I can't get the aspect ratio to show. This...
  9. Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Tooltips in Windows 10 A tooltip is a small pop-up that displays the label of an unlabeled control or glyph in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856