Windows 10: Tooltips give black boxes

Discus and support Tooltips give black boxes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was using my computer normally then suddenly noticed one day all my tool tips have black bars over it. I also noticed that when I go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Montage Hollis, May 11, 2019.

1. Tooltips give black boxes

Hello,

I was using my computer normally then suddenly noticed one day all my tool tips have black bars over it. I also noticed that when I go to Device Manager, all the words within that have black bars over them as well and the same happens at the top of many programs such as task manager and flash projector. Is there anyway of fixing this issue?

:)

Montage Hollis, May 11, 2019

2. Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

When I hover over Min, Max and Close for any program like IE, Outlook, Skype, Windows Explorer. The tooltips are black boxes. It normally shows a text box saying Minimize, Maximize or Close. I am getting black boxes instead...

Its almost like it is trying but cannot do it for some reason.

I cant find much information about this doing a Google Search... I thought maybe a driver? Windows update?

Any ideas

Jordan Hauck, May 11, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 11, 2019
  4. Tooltips give black boxes

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Tooltips give black boxes

1. Tooltips give black boxes - Similar Threads - Tooltips black boxes

2. Restore, Maximize and Close buttons displays black tooltips

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore, Maximize and Close buttons displays black tooltips: Hello,On a fresh new install of Windows 10, updated drivers, I have black tooltips when I put my cursor hover one of the three buttons on the top right buttons, on any application.I don't have this problems with any other Windows tooltip.I've checked all the system files with...
  3. Black Tooltip Boxes Under Minimize/Maximize/Close

Black Tooltip Boxes Under Minimize/Maximize/Close: On Windows 10 I have black boxes that appear when I hover over the minimize/maximize/close buttons for most apps.I researched the forums and haven't found any concrete solution for this. My graphics driver is the latest available. I have run sfc /scannow.Nothing seems to...
  4. tooltips in taskbar

tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  5. Black box

Black box: HI! I just want to know how can I remove the black box that appears around the sliders and the date. Thanks! [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box/476afa3c-8b3d-446d-96d2-dfcb6920a4d4
  6. Tooltips in Courrier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tooltips in Courrier: Tooltips in Courrier I would like to speak with someone who is familiar with "Courrier" the email application provided with Windows 10. The more pressing question that brings me here, is this: Is it possible to disable the appearance of tooltips when hovering over a...
  7. Tooltip Duration

Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...
  8. black box

black box: what's the black box that has appeared in the videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/black-box/fd4f2975-dec4-4c57-a7aa-53a35bb73ce4
  9. Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead

Tooltips not showing, showing black box instead: When I hover over Min, Max and Close for any program like IE, Outlook, Skype, Windows Explorer. The tooltips are black boxes. It normally shows a text box saying Minimize, Maximize or Close. I am getting black boxes instead... Its almost like it is trying but cannot do it...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black box minimize tooltip

2. windows tooltips close maximize black

3. black box tooltips