Windows 10: Tooltips in taskbar list

Discus and support Tooltips in taskbar list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the Windows setting to Always Combine buttons; when I click on a taskbar button it displays a list with the titles of the open windows (I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dfigpsjodhfgijs, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Tooltips in taskbar list

I have the Windows setting to Always Combine buttons; when I click on a taskbar button it displays a list with the titles of the open windows (I have the registry setting Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband\NumThumnails DWORD (32 bit) (REG_DWORD) with value 0)

so that makes it a list rather than the preview, which is what I want, now the problem is when the list is displayed and I hover with the mouse over an item (or if I do Win+number, repeatedly to cycle through the items), there is this tooltip that shows up, in case the title is on the bigger side and doesn't fit on width, that shows the entire text of the title over several lines. I hate this thing because it obscures the other items in the list.

Would there be any way to turn these tooltips off?

Note I'm not asking to turn off the tooltips that show when you hover over the taskbar button - but when you hover over an item in the list.

Alternatively, is there any way to make the list wider so that longer items fit in it, and that way, the tooltips won't show anymore (I noticed they don't show when I hover over a list item that short - shorter than the overall list width)?

Thanks a bunch!

:)

dfigpsjodhfgijs, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

Taskbar List or Thumbnail Previews Mode - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

Edwin, Feb 7, 2021
  3. pepanee Win User
    How To Increase TaskBar ToolTip Character Amount

Hello, I've heard from before that you can increase the amount of characters shown in a ToolTip from a System Tray Icon. As you can see in the attached picture that this information shown is not complete (it cuts out halfway in the third email listed, yet there are currently 5 emails total). I want it to show all the text information that the ToolTip is intending to show. Does anyone know the Registry modification that I need to do to fix this? Thanks

Tooltips in taskbar list [​IMG]

pepanee, Feb 7, 2021
  4. kyoshiro Win User

Tooltips in taskbar list

Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

This is the actual functionality I was asking about. It can be accomplished with W7+ Taskbar tweaker, but I was wondering if somebody knows a registry tweak.

When folders are combined on the taskbar, I want to see a list, like in Windows 7, not the stupid preview.

Tooltips in taskbar list [​IMG]

kyoshiro, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Tooltips in taskbar list

1. Tooltips in taskbar list - Similar Threads - Tooltips taskbar list

2. How to disable taskbar tooltip?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable taskbar tooltip?: I need help to disable taskbar tooltip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-taskbar-tooltip/3aacb1e8-932e-4312-bc3e-a693b5eb0994
  3. tooltips in taskbar

tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  4. Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar: On my laptop, which I just reinstalled with 1909, when I hover over an icon, and move it away about .3 seconds later, the tooltip shows up after I move the mouse away, and stays there for a few seconds. It's pretty annoying. Anyone know how to disable that? On my other PC, it...
  5. Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?: Hi, whenever I'm working, taskbar tooltips get in my way if I happen to hover the mouse over the taskbar for a millisecond. It occurs because the software I'm using has buttons I use frequently at the bottom i.e. just above the taskbar. It's quite annoying. Take a look at...
  6. Tooltips in Courrier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tooltips in Courrier: Tooltips in Courrier I would like to speak with someone who is familiar with "Courrier" the email application provided with Windows 10. The more pressing question that brings me here, is this: Is it possible to disable the appearance of tooltips when hovering over a...
  7. Tooltip Duration

Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...
  8. How To Increase TaskBar ToolTip Character Amount

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Increase TaskBar ToolTip Character Amount: Hello, I've heard from before that you can increase the amount of characters shown in a ToolTip from a System Tray Icon. As you can see in the attached picture that this information shown is not complete (it cuts out halfway in the third email listed, yet there are currently...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. Currently running Windows 10 Pro Build 10586 and Classic Shell 4.2.5 Performance Visual effects Custom: - Show thumbnails instead of icons - Smooth edges of screen fonts I need help with two annoyances: 1. How do I change the color of...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856