Windows 10: Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar

Discus and support Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my laptop, which I just reinstalled with 1909, when I hover over an icon, and move it away about .3 seconds later, the tooltip shows up after I move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/krilu, Jun 19, 2020.

1. /u/krilu Win User

Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar

On my laptop, which I just reinstalled with 1909, when I hover over an icon, and move it away about .3 seconds later, the tooltip shows up after I move the mouse away, and stays there for a few seconds. It's pretty annoying. Anyone know how to disable that? On my other PC, it always just shows the window that is open, but on my laptop it shows the tooltip. I think it's maybe when the system returns from hibernation? But I'm not sure

submitted by /u/krilu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/krilu, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

Taskbar List or Thumbnail Previews Mode - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

Edwin, Jun 19, 2020
  3. kyoshiro Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

This is the actual functionality I was asking about. It can be accomplished with W7+ Taskbar tweaker, but I was wondering if somebody knows a registry tweak.

When folders are combined on the taskbar, I want to see a list, like in Windows 7, not the stupid preview.

Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar [​IMG]

kyoshiro, Jun 19, 2020
  4. pepanee Win User

How To Increase TaskBar ToolTip Character Amount

Hello, I've heard from before that you can increase the amount of characters shown in a ToolTip from a System Tray Icon. As you can see in the attached picture that this information shown is not complete (it cuts out halfway in the third email listed, yet there are currently 5 emails total). I want it to show all the text information that the ToolTip is intending to show. Does anyone know the Registry modification that I need to do to fix this? Thanks

Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar [​IMG]

pepanee, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Tooltips showing too long on Windows 10 taskbar - Similar Threads - Tooltips showing too

2. How to disable taskbar tooltip?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable taskbar tooltip?: I need help to disable taskbar tooltip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-taskbar-tooltip/3aacb1e8-932e-4312-bc3e-a693b5eb0994
  3. tooltips in taskbar

tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  4. Tooltips in taskbar list

Tooltips in taskbar list: I have the Windows setting to Always Combine buttons; when I click on a taskbar button it displays a list with the titles of the open windows (I have the registry setting Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband\NumThumnails DWORD...
  5. Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?: Hi, whenever I'm working, taskbar tooltips get in my way if I happen to hover the mouse over the taskbar for a millisecond. It occurs because the software I'm using has buttons I use frequently at the bottom i.e. just above the taskbar. It's quite annoying. Take a look at...
  6. Tooltips not showing in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Tooltips not showing in Chrome: For a while now I've noticed that Chrome isn't showing tooltips anywhere. Either when hovering over links or images. I am not sure what's preventing them from showing. 37273
  7. Show hints (tooltips) for maximised window in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Show hints (tooltips) for maximised window in windows 10: Some programs I use need to have hints, or tips, shown. A debugger is the most important example for me but for my customers it is the apps I develop. If I maximize a window then hints are turned off as though I'm in tablet mode which I am not. It seems as though maximized...
  8. system tray tooltips don't show in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    system tray tooltips don't show in windows 10: Hi, On previous Windows installations I used to roll the mouse pointer over the system tray icons in order to show tooltips like the % level of battery or the volume of the speakers. I also used to left-click in order to change the volume but now after upgrading to win10,...
  9. Long Date Not showing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Long Date Not showing in Taskbar: I have the long date format set in the taskbar (dddd dd MMMM yyyy) and it works every day except for Wednesday. On that day the only thing that is shown is the time. Tried using short month ie Sep but nothing seems to work. No big deal but, just wondering if anyone else has...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. Currently running Windows 10 Pro Build 10586 and Classic Shell 4.2.5 Performance Visual effects Custom: - Show thumbnails instead of icons - Smooth edges of screen fonts I need help with two annoyances: 1. How do I change the color of...